Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camchain & valve adjustment??

Hey there..
    I have a 03 ZZR250 i have it for a about 4 months and now i have a noise on it.. i went down to northside kawasaki and a mechanic there said from what i remeber the camchain and the valves needed adusting...he showwd me this bolt looking thing on the side of the bike that you can take out and clean
    (auto tensioner?????)..it only done ~5200 k's.. thou the valve noise is not the one worrying me its the other one..Its NOT a serious problem thou i need to fix it...so does anyone know how to do it? i preffer to learn myself so if anyone has had a similar problem or know what im talking about Plz give us some info or i can come meet so you can hear for yourself..

cheers
    "Power is never given its always taken"

By the way .. i never touched a bike engine before so thats why iam asking

Comment

Noises are funny and annoying on bikes, the rider hears stuff no-one else can hear and its hard at times to get others to pick up on them at all.

Pardon my ignorance but I thought auto tensioners for cam chains tensioned automatically, without you doing anything, and when they've had it you just replace them? (bit Im still learning so I amy have that wrong!)

For future reference it helps the poor mechanic if you can isolate anything else about the sound like
      runs in time with engine revs, is top end/bottom end, is after warm only or right from start up, does it stop/start when the clutch is in/out, does it happen in neutral too,and when did it start/anything happen/change around then?

That should help get you started. (hopefully )
      222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

By the way .. i never touched a bike engine before so thats why iam asking

dont touch it.the bike is still under warrenty :? isnt it.the guys at northside will adjust it for you.if you fiddle you may make more problems for yourself.

Comment

Its not under warranty cause i bought it from an auction...and the noise.. u can hear it better when its warmed up.. i guess it louder then..

Comment

Its not under warranty cause i bought it from an auction...

i,ve bought total wright offs from the auctions before and made a couple of warranty claims on 2 bikes and they accepted it.if you have already told them you bought it from a auction then most of the time they dont want to know about it.if you bought it from a repo auction it should still be covered.you have to be firm when speaking to the dealers.the last time i have done this was about 1 year ago so not sure if things have changed since then.

Comment

Working...
            X