Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need TL1000S engine re-build info!!!

to cut a long story short...my engine is cheese :shock:
    looks like its done a small end bearing on the front cylinder so im up for the re-build sooner than expected which means no turbo :cry: but ...i plan to fit high comp pistons and either V-Two cams or TLR cams.
    what im after is info if anyone has done this and what brands of pistons and cams they may have used.

cheers yall,
    Gonz.

:shock: :shock: Whoa big fella, that sucks. Good Luck, if u need anything from Sydney, let me know, I might be able to get it sorted for you before you come over
    Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

WTF!! :shock: When did this all come about?!?!?!

Comment

gonz1,my advice to you is put a second hand engine in your bike.i will explain what happen to me.
        i bought a TLR 1000 about a year ago.it had 30000km,s on it.had it for a while,5months :roll: .this is one of the only bikes that i kept out of all the ones i,ve had.something about it just appealled to me i did 3 track days with it,never ever got it up on one wheel.thats the truth,the bike was just not the bike to pop monos on(for me anyway).on the 3rd track day when i was going over the main straight,when i clicked up into 4th,it made a crunching noise :shock: i knew straight away,it was bad.put it on the trailer and took it into the bike shop.
        when inspected,it was found to be 4th gear had gone and taken a few chips out of a couple more gears while it was getting munched up.to change gears,you have to split the whole motor because its a twin,pistons etc,everything.i then decided to look for a second hand motor.found a few for between $2500-$3000 bare.that is with nothing but motor,no alternator,throttle bodies etc,nothing.to repair the gearbox would be around the $1600 mark :roll: this is doing it on the cheap,putting the same rings back in etc,not a good idea if your keeping the bike.i then decided to rebuild the whole motor,new bearings,rings gears etc.it ended up costing me almost $4000 in total :evil: i did this because i liked the bike and was going to keep it.i was originally told about $3000 MAX for the lot.after picking the bike up 3 months later as they where waiting on parts from japan :shock: i then decided to run the bike in and then sell it.after 2000km,s of running in,i then sold it to a dealer.i gave the dealer all receipts for the work that had been done.the bike was in there yard for around a month.it sold and by the time the new owner got home the gearbox shat itself :shock: they then rang me and asked questions as to if the receipts were fake or not and WTF!.i laughed and thought it was a joke,it wasnt.the dealer then fixed the bike at his cost.
        moral of my story is,you will be waisting your money by rebuilding your bike.its much cheaper to buy a second hand bare engine and get them to swap your running gear over.i will never ever pay a mechanic to rebuild a motor again.buying second hand is my choice from now on.

Comment

ah hell - not good news :cry:
          I know a guy had some probs with his and had some work done. shall check what it was etc and get back to you
          If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

ARHHHHH...your scaring me yall :shock:

yeh i found out this afternoon, so now we will see what we can find.
            its hard cause i also like my bike like you did gohan, and ive spent some coin on it now getting tyres and suspension upgraded, new chain n spockets and a top end service.
            hhmmmm ill be doing my homework on this one thats for sure, ill see what the tlplanet forum has to say with their experiences and make my mind up then i spose, but please if anyone else has info let us know

man i need a Gonz proof bike yall

Comment

man i need a Gonz proof bike yall
              is there such a thing? :twisted:
              If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

to repair the gearbox would be around the $1600 mark
                had to replace four gearsets, a gear selector shaft and a gear selector fork on my KX125 a few years back. did the work myself and cost me $1200 in parts ALONE!

you been treating your engine badly or something? or is this a common thing to blow up at 30000k's?

bring back the twostrokes lol
                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

to repair the gearbox would be around the $1600 mark
                  had to replace four gearsets, a gear selector shaft and a gear selector fork on my KX125 a few years back. did the work myself and cost me $1200 in parts ALONE!

you been treating your engine badly or something? or is this a common thing to blow up at 30000k's?

bring back the twostrokes lol

read the post :? that bike,i treated like a beauty queen didnt do monos or anything like that hooligan group PE maybe the previous owner did,i dont know.the gearbox repair was just to replace the 4th that was damaged and whatever gaskets that may have been needed.i obviously chose the correct way to repair an engine and it still backfired on me :cry:

Comment

nah I meant gonz

Comment

Like I said to you Gonz, fuck it off :shock: :oops: buy a reliable bike like a Honda / Yamaha :idea:

You can not enjoy riding a bike that's parked in the drive way.

Your a machanic, pull it down and rebuild it yourself, get a manual for it.

Comment

sorry to hear bro.... would still like to see a worked TLS/TLR in your drive though

let us know how it's going....

Comment

Your a machanic, pull it down and rebuild it yourself, get a manual for it.
                          yeh i wish, the down side is i dont have the facilities to do so right now if not i would, this is why its at the shop in the first place, it was only meant to be a timming chain job so i was happy to pay and get it back on the road quickly but now im am trying to find a way to fix it, i need to find a place to do it or pay them to do it for me either way its not as easy as just selling the bike, ive just spent abit on it getting tyres, new suspension bits, chain and sprocket aaaand the service, shims and timming chains, guides and tensioners and im not willing to aford a new bike just yet seeing that my situation is unknown in the near future.

what can i do guys, i just want mi bike back on the road you know :arrow:

Comment

wot about hiring a storage shed in one of those secure facilities and doing it there?

Comment

shit man sorry to here the tl's sick.
                              are they sure its the small end and not brocken springs in ur sissor gears?
                              carbon build up from ur breather problem? spose its a guess till u go in.
                              if u need space to work on it, my workshop is avaliable in armadale.
                              i replaced my timming chains at 40k only because i was replacing the counter shaft in the gear box, some counter shafts had a hardning issue from factory.
                              let me know if u want the space, u have my mobile number.
                              modchips, upgrades, xbox, ps2 pro install, life time warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X