Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Adjuster Screw Problems on CBR250RR

Im an Idiot!

I unscrewed it too far and its come out I think, but i dont have the tools to pull the fairings and everything apart to fix it.

Anyone want to come lend a hand fixing it? or know any mobile mechanics to do on the cheap?

cheers

Originally posted by cnk View Post
    Im an Idiot!

I unscrewed it too far and its come out I think, but i dont have the tools to pull the fairings and everything apart to fix it.

Anyone want to come lend a hand fixing it? or know any mobile mechanics to do on the cheap?

cheers
    Spend the money you would be spending on the mobile mechanic to buy the tools you need.

You would only need a basic multi piece tool set (like $30 from supacheap/kmart etc) to get the tools you need to remove the fairings etc. Usually you only need a set of spanners, sockets, screwdriver and possibly allen keys.

Tools are a good investment.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
    your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

all u need is an allen head to unscrew the fairings and one should be in the toolkit that came with the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by cnk View Post

How did you unscrew it with fairings on, yet need to take fairings off
        to screw it back in?

Comment

maybe it was the idle speed adjuster?
          IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

your bike toolkit has the tools you need to remove the fairings, if you are unsure how to do it the thats different.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Yeah I'm guessing he means the idle speed adjuster too. You can't really unscrew the pilot screws (4 of them) unless you take the carbs off.

Putting the idle speed screw back in will require the carbs off too.
              PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

Yeah you guys are right, its the idle speed adjuster.
                I unscrewed it all the way, and i didnt get a toolkit with the bike..

I think the plugs are fouled too.

Do i need a special tool to remove the plugs, or will an ordinary spark pug tool do the job?

Comment

you might be able to get the screw back in without takin the carbs off it will prolly take a bit of dickin around tho

as for the plugs a plug spanner for that bike would be preferd but the right combinations of extentions on a long socket or plug socket might do the trick
                  IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Yup, a plug socket with a 2" extension using a ratchet is the easiest way.

Comment

Ok guys thanks for the help.

Not really sure about pulling off the carbs myself... But Ill see how I go

Comment

Follow this guide to remove carbs. It's pretty simple.

Comment

if you can get it to my place i could give you a hand and lend tools, but im too pissed to ride
                          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by semi View Post
                            if you can get it to my place i could give you a hand and lend tools, but im too pissed to ride
                            Thanks for the offer, but I dont have a trailer..

Maybe tomorrow? ^_^

Comment

Working...
                            X