Pilot Road 2 + ZZR250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Road 2 + ZZR250?

Has anyone put Pilot Road 2's on a ZZR250?

Stock is 100/80 front and 140/70 rear I think. Could be wrong.

So yeah, anyone done it?
    Feels good man.

Not yet but I'll be in the market for new tyres very soon - let me know how you go with your new tyres I really liked the stock tyres on mine however the middle wore away too quickly and I can't avoid the Freeway, so sad.
    Originally posted by Koola
    Someone sig this.

Comment

they dont make 100 fronts or 140 rears do they?
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

edit- no they dont

actual edit- that wasnt actually an edit, was it?
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

No they don't make a 100 front or a 140 rear but I thought I had read somewhere (maybe on here) that people had put them on regardless.
          Feels good man.

Comment

i have put battlax bt40's (bridgestones) on mine and they feel great compared to stock dunlops. might try pirelli's next time

Comment

Yeah if they won't go on then I'll be getting a set of BT45's.
              Feels good man.

Comment

Ive got 120 front 150 rear on the gt250r and they are a very nice tyre, but if you ask Stoner at the mo i reckon he would say michelin are shit

Comment

top tip:

*anything* you can buy will be better than the OEM shit the bike comes with - particularly if your bike is somewhat old and still has the stock rubber

BT92s are decent if they fit - had them on the rgv, but the rgv can lean further than the tyres. they'd probably be fine for a zzr though with a typical rider. excellent grip up until you run out of tread
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Dragon supercorsa's, go all out.

Comment

Esquire, i'm at the same point as you. I really wanna put something better than what i have on the bike at the moment. I'd be interested to see if i can go for something decent, such as the pilot road 2's just to see what kind of a comparison it has.

Stock, it has 100front and 140rear i beleive. If you can go to 110/150 i think it opens up a larger range of tyres, such as pilot road 2's.

I havent had the chance to go and enquire yet. Let us know if you find out anything.
                      The 15.9 second ROCKET

Comment

I'm just flicking through the service manual

Front rim - 17 x 2.15
                        Rear rim - 17 x 3.50

Might help to know.
                        The 15.9 second ROCKET

Comment

You can get all of the pilot range of michelins and dragon range of pirelli in 150 rear and 120 front, you just need to make sure they'll fit. What's the rim size of a hyo?

Comment

Working...
                          X