steering damper recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering damper recommendations

I just given up repairing a leaking TOBY steering damper, I think its time to fork out some cash for a new one...

So far, I'm thinking of Ohlins or Scotts..

Does anyone have suggestion, experiences , recommendations etc?

What's wrong with it? They're pretty expensive, I would have thought a leak would just be the rubber seals or something no?
    mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

yep..the seals are gone...plus the internals are worn, it was rebuilt few times already.. i don't think i can trust this damper when i need it most..

Comment

take it to russel speak at dynotime in wangara. go ohlins, expensive but ur payin for a quality product.

Comment

Ohlins.

u get what u pay for in this world.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Russell does dampers too?
            I got my bike booked in for some jetting work next week, so i guess i'll ask him then.

i was thinking of Ohlins if I couldn't get the Scotts, I particularly like the individual high and low speed adjustment feature on the Scotts.

Comment

In case it makes any difference, Scotts rotary steering dampers are made by Ohlins. So the name of manufacturer shouldn't be a deciding factor between the two..

Scotts are slightly cheaper too

cyaz

Comment

is it designed by ohlins and manufactured by scotts?

anyway, anyone know where I can get a Scotts in Aust? I'm having no luck searching on the net.. :?

Pete?

Comment

Russell does dampers too?
                  I got my bike booked in for some jetting work next week, so i guess i'll ask him then.

i was thinking of Ohlins if I couldn't get the Scotts, I particularly like the individual high and low speed adjustment feature on the Scotts.
                  Reah Russ does alot of the guys suspension up at the track.

Comment

Ohlins.

u get what u pay for in this world.
                    Agreed, I love my Ohlins, highly recommend and they're fail proof!

Comment

Just read somewhere on the net that yamaha owns ohlins...
                      and since ohlins owns scotts does that mean yamaha owns scotts too?

man.. if that's the case they should put ohlins as standard on their bikes.

Comment

Hi guys,
                        Just had SPRINT steering dampner fitted to R1 and totally stoaked with it, friend uses it on race bike and has plenty of adjustment, looks the goods too. Not sure of exact price but comes in a fair bit cheaper than ohlins and scotts, Can find out exact prices if anyone is interested just need model and year of bike etc.
                        Slim.
                        P.S. You don't always get what you pay for, can be an expensive way to shop.

Comment

yeh Slim am interested in getting some info on that unit, Won't need it for about 8 months when the new RCB comes out but pays to be prepaired.

Comment

P.S. You don't always get what you pay for, can be an expensive way to shop.
                            I havnt been proven wrong yet.

Well, apart from CADs mumma.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Working...
                            X