Tyre Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Choices

Wellllll after the nice addition of a yellow sticker to my bike, I'm deciding (ie. being forced) to get some new tyres. Went and had a look today at a few and just wondering what you guys recommend.

I know a few of you have said about the Pirelli Diablos, but in the shop there were also Dunlop D208's (I *think* thats what they were... supposed to be softer than the diablos?), and also I *think* Pirelli Dragon GTS supposed to have harder compound in the center and softer on the sides (good in theory, but is this true?)

Anyway I've got til Thursday to get this all done. Any ideas / input much appreciated guys.

Cheers
    Kev
    Air // KevLar // BigKev

I'M EXCITED!

I have the Diabalo's, very nice, very soft to. It's hard to pick what's better between the Pirellis and the Pilots. I love both of them. The only real difference is the Diabalo's hold a different profile. They'll drop into a corner quicker and hold longer before sliding. The only downside compared to the Pilots is that when you feel the Pilots start to slip they won't go on you real quick so it gives you a little more time to take control where as the Diabalo's will just let go without warning BUT they do stick longer and deeper in the corner.

I say give them a shot. Had Pete at Causeway give me a hot price, fitted front and rear so go see the man. They are cheaper than the Pilots!

Comment

Hey kev, I have another question

im looking more touring tyre cause i ride everyday down the freeway and didnt get to many k's out of it..

i heard the mez sports tourer is good

any input?
      Love
      Nick :twisted:

Comment

yeah I'm the same (use the bike as my daily commuter- 60-80km a day) thats why I was thinking those GTS might be a bit better for the mileage.

But I dont want something thats gonna let go round a bend.... choices choices choices
        Air // KevLar // BigKev

I'M EXCITED!

Comment

I've heard that Michelin do a good road Pilot, I think it's a Pilot anyway

Comment

I've got a set of Macadam's that came with my bike.. I dont think they're sticky enough.

Recommended to stay clear

No compromising grip! (getting new tyres soon)
            mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Btw, campo - I like your charicature avatar.. who does those? It's the same artist who did deej's, and one of the logos in the PSB competition.

I -love- charicatures, I think I was deprived of cartoon representations as a kid.
              mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Btw, campo - I like your charicature avatar.. who does those? It's the same artist who did deej's, and one of the logos in the PSB competition.

I -love- charicatures, I think I was deprived of cartoon representations as a kid.
                Yeah same guy. Was a French dud who had a website but everyone was copying his work so he shit tinned it. There was heaps of drawings to!

If you do a search in Google.com "images" just typr in your bike type and cartoon next to it, you might find it.

BigKev, i do about 115 kms a day to and from work but trust me, on the SP I'd never go a road tyre cause you lose to much grip in the corners, just my 2c

Comment

alos i heard bridgestone do a dual compund that makes really good for cornering campo

kev: i just emailed dave (the bike doctor)

and of course PETE !!

haha
                  Love

Comment

alos i heard bridgestone do a dual compund that makes really good for cornering campo

kev: i just emailed dave (the bike doctor)

and of course PETE !!

haha
                    Nice work. Haven't heard much about the Bridgestones at all, be nice to know what they're like

Comment

no point in us both mailing Pete... keep us posted Nick, gotta get tyres on there pretty soon

Dont wanna lend me about $500 while youre at it Nick? Anyone? Anyone? Bah!
                      Air // KevLar // BigKev

I'M EXCITED!

Comment

I've heard the whole bridgestone series are duel compound. They dont advertise it cause people might think it decreases breaking distance.

I'm certainly not taking this for gospel, it's just something I heard some fellas talking about. It's a logical concept though.. if they can 'magically' increase tyre endurance without letting on to people the middle of the tyre is "hard" .. [shrug]

Just rambling.. got half an hour to go. Yippie!!
                        mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

yo kev

i need 190's

wot u running?

also i need $700 cause i need my values doin and carbs balanced
                          Love

Comment

BigKev,
                            I run a Pilot Sport on the front and a Pilot Road on the back of my BlackBird. I love this combination as it gives me plenty of grip and good milage. I put on a new set in Melbourne and have done about 9000k and (5000 in the first 10 days) and they are still going strong.

Am considering a change to the Pirelli's to try them and go a sports tyre rather than a sports tourer to see the difference, so I'll let you know how I go.

Comment

Super corsa's rock but not really for road use.

Bridgestone 020's!!! same theory as the metz. soft on the outside "harder" in the middle. 208's on an R1 won't last long. I got like 3000 k's outta mine and im on a gixer 6. no burnouts either.

depends how cashed up you are, how much riding your doing, and what sort of riding you are doing, but i would go for the 020's for the rear, maybe a 208 on the front (208's are really sticky road tyres) they the shit but last fuck all.
                              ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

Working...
                              X