Intercoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercoms

Has anyone messed around with bike to bike intercoms ??

I have a couple of two way radios which work ok but the headset mikes are to sensative and pic up nothing but road noise over about 20kph...

Any electronics wizzos able to help ??

Madmax what do you guys use for microphones in your helmets ??

I would be keen to get some comms going but I have not heard a good report on any one system that works faultlessly

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I'll look into it. It would be great to have comms between us all.

Comment

I have a couple of handheld CB radio's with 40 channels, they also have repeater access on chans 1-8 , the radios seem to be ok and even the ear piece is fine but it's getting a mike that will cancel or separate the voice frequency from all the other shit like exhaust and wind noise...

Throat mikes might be an idea but don't know anything about them..

VOX would also be nice but I think a push to talk button next to the grips would be the only way it would work.

Good Luck BigBird.

Comment

there are mike sets that have a small bud ear piece and the transmit button runs down ur sleeve to near the palm of ur hand....they look like a similar set up use by ppl doing cpp work

a button on the bike might be ok but then u would be "hardwired" to it....

if we could find a system that enabled us to jump on and off the bikes easily that would be great
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

I have seen a couple of riders from Two Wheels MC School riding with comms gear... maybe someone should ask them what they use..
            Reporting LIVE from Scotland!

Comment

i use couple of styrofoam cups and a string.

Comment

http://www.hjc-chatterbox.com/
                or
                http://www.sporttour.com/chatterbox.htm

That's my contribution
                mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Who da hell would wana have this on the side of their lid:

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

haha, 31337!!

You dont have to have it on the side of your lid, surely.. but whatever they use for microphones must work over 20kph
                    mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

someone going across country, or .. how many can link in, i'd grab one if like everyone could link into the same frequency, be like your old CB days
                      Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

Yup, I agree with pac. But there is NO FUCKN WAY I'm having that shit on the side of my lid.

Gota be a betta way.

Research to be dun. Bigbird! You have been charged with the geeky quest!

Comment

Hmm, whatever way the MIC is connected and the earpiece, you'd just need to splice and extend the wires?

put a clip on it and mount it anywhere
                          Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy... let him be filthy still

Comment

So far my thoughts are, a push to talk button on yr helmit with possibly a socket in you helit and the rest that you can put inyour jacket.

This way if you forget and just take your helmit off with out un pluggin it's not a problem and the connectors just unplug with no damage to any thing.

I am going to investigate voice activation as this is the prefered method, (so you can tell yr mates to get the fuck out of the way as yr commin through on your back wheel) and in an emergency you don't want to be fidling with buttons to tell the group something. But there are a few problems with this, nothing that can't be oversome with lots of cash.

Comment

Need feedback on wot people want. And no it I won't be building and installing them all for free.

How do you want to operate the 2 ways?
                              How much are you prepaired to spend?

I think it a good Idea that nothing is connected to your bike, but wot r your thoughts? Push to talk button rather than Pass light button etc?

Give me your thoughts people.

Comment

Working...
                              X