08 blade, may aswell buy a [email protected]^%en Ducati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 blade, may aswell buy a [email protected]^%en Ducati

quick Q to all the other 08 blade owners have you had much trouble with exessive oil use?
    Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Told you the salesman was joking when he said 'We sell only quality here'

/hate
    "Hey, Reporter. If you lay with your cock against the ground as the tank goes by, it feels fucking great!"

Comment

q: did you run it in like a man or a mouse?

for the record, my 600rr does not use a scrap of oil, after 30,000km... maybe you just got a dud? (yes, different bike, bit redesigned around about the same time-frame with similar design ideas).
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

? like how much how often ? km's wise

haven't done so many km's yet but no worries here.

Comment

A Honda that burns oil? Yep, you've got a problem there. How much are we talking? How are you filling after a change? Not to imply you are retarded...... but things like resting on the side stand, how long the bike has been off, hot/cold, running level?

Are you sure it's burning oil?
          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Have a check on the forums - fireblade etc

Those motors have to be run in properly ie not in suburbia - I dont know what Honda is going to do about that, or what the actual problem is
            Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Dont ride like a girl

Comment

Sounds like it wasn't run-in properly, and oil is getting past your rings.

Comment

no no i ran it in to the letter as told by the sales man. and in about 500km she used close too 2 ltrs. but now it is booked in under warenty to check this problem out. but since the 6000km service (now on 11811km) i have had to add a total of about 4.5ltrs were the oil res in the book says max capacity is 2.4 ltr or sumthing

Comment

Wow yep something is really not right.

Comment

Check your figures - oil and filter on that is 3.7 litres on the change

(oh and dont buy a Ducati)
                      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun View Post
                        no no i ran it in to the letter as told by the sales man. and in about 500km she used close too 2 ltrs. but now it is booked in under warenty to check this problem out. but since the 6000km service (now on 11811km) i have had to add a total of about 4.5ltrs were the oil res in the book says max capacity is 2.4 ltr or sumthing
                        Hahahaha Ducatis don't do that...

Really I hope you get it sorted on warranty.

Comment

That much oil use would cause clouds of smoke out the back of the bike.

Sure you arent overfilling it?
                          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                            That much oil use would cause clouds of smoke out the back of the bike.

Sure you arent overfilling it?
                            hence why it is shooting plumes of smoke....people please i am sure it is eating oil my motorcycle mechanic is sure it is using oil. THIS IS NOT RIDER ERROR!!

Comment

There is no way that would be a running in problem. Even if you ran a bike in completely contrary to instructions it would not burn so much oil. It sounds like your engine is basically blown.

The good thing is if it's under warranty it will get sorted out.

My 16yo fireblade with 37,000km burns no oil, neither should a brand new one.
                              "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Working...
                              X