Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwakka 636 vs CBR 600 RR

ok so I'm looking at these 2 bikes and need a little guidance

firstly - love the idea of the mid mount exhaust on the CBR - hate the side on the Kwakka - is it possible and ideally not very expensive to convert from side to mid mount exhaust

dry weight kwakka comes in lighter, bigger engine means kwakka gonna go faster ... I can hope and pray that nobody smaller than me buys the Kwakka (leaving me as one of the faster things on 2 wheels) but that's quite unlikely to happen now isn't it.

Basically other than the midmount exhaust issue, the price diff is quite considerable to have a faster bike ... BUT huge fan of Honda and want to put my mind at rest that I am getting a sweet bike ... any help on this would be much appreciated.
    I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

after seeing the 636 and the 600rr in action (to my mind) the 600RR is faster, handles better and is all round a sweeter machine.

I have test ridden both.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

CBR600RR

Say no more.......

Comment

I don't think you'll be complaining with the CBR600RR MJ.. you will be one happy lass
        Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

forget about converting to underseat exhaust... as an example a proper underseat pipe conversion kit (Bos) with a new tail for an R1 costs around $3500+. and I haven't seen a kit for a 636 unless you have money for a custom job.
          i'd say stick with the honda.

Comment

You will thoroughly enjoy either bike.

It just comes down to which one you feel you would enjoy riding more and which one would give you greater pride of ownership.

Hence the reason I ride Suzuki. …….. for now.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

zipdrive: what about an underseat NOS kit??
              Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

word gets around pretty quick...
                should come in handy when some turbo charged zx12 tries to over take me on a country run...

Comment

yeh, or when you lose all faith in life and want a quick ending

Comment

Yeah.. Go the RR.. That way my bike is less common. You'll just be one of many.

Oh, that and I'll be overtaking you. 8)

bman
                    Reporting LIVE from Scotland!

Comment

Re: Kwakka 636 vs CBR 600 RR

dry weight kwakka comes in lighter, bigger engine means kwakka gonna go faster ... I can hope and pray that nobody smaller than me buys the Kwakka (leaving me as one of the faster things on 2 wheels) but that's quite unlikely to happen now isn't it.
                      Chickie... how much do you weigh?

jokes ...

Comment

I test rode the 03 636 a couple of times earlier this year... Wanted to buy it, but the 01 R1 was cheaper, and cheaper to insure so I got that instead.

Good brakes on the 636 make it easy to stoppie. The riding position is pretty agressive, and might hurt ur wrists after a while, (anyone following you will probably appreciate a better view of ur ass, as it feels like it's up pretty high ), but it handles great, and the intake noise sounds fkn awesome.. Can't say anything about the 600rr, cuz I haven't ridden it. Looks ok tho, but it'll become a pretty common bike I think. The dash on the 636 looks awesome also. Some may not light the digital tacho tho.

Stock can on either bike is a bit crap, I have no probs with a side mounted can. Neither did anyone else until a year ago

If I could justify the money I'd get the black 636

Comment

zipdrive: what about an underseat NOS kit??

mmmm NOS

thanks for the input - I tick I stick wif da CBR ... sweeter profile

Thanks for the input

and $3500 to convert ... I'd rather spend a few hundred and get a custom helmet design from that guy tex was talking about

Cheers peoples
                          I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Comment

CBR600RR

Say no more.......
                            I said it before and I'll say it again........

Comment

MJ i think you should just do the girlie thing and pick the color u like !! as both of those bikes have more power and potential than you will ever be able to use ! you being a girl and all !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X