08 r1 seat removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 r1 seat removal

Hi guys, trying to remove my seat to get at my flasher relay.
    Is there a trick to doing it? I don't have the service manual as previous owner lost it.

Anyone shed some light?

Cheers

Just get an allen key and lift up the back corners, undo the bolts and it comes straight off.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

cheers!

Comment

Quick question related to this.

The allen key bolts under my seat look like they haven't moved in a century. I can't get them off using all the force i can with a allen key..

How do people get off really fucking tough allen key screws?
        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
        1985 - 2009

Comment

with a ratchet and a hex socket, or a t bar, rather than a small L shaped allen key.

Comment

t-bar. or use the extention piece in your bike tool kit to get a bit more leverage on the L shape allen key.
            Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

I also tend to use a torx head bit, they grip the corners and won't round off

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                Quick question related to this.

The allen key bolts under my seat look like they haven't moved in a century. I can't get them off using all the force i can with a allen key..

How do people get off really fucking tough allen key screws?

try really hard to get some WD40 in there before you try to undo it. the screws go into nutserts which are crimped into the frame rails and can be spun around if they are fused together. so lub and leave for 1 hr or so. then undo.
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Mate

My old r1 bolts had seized and i rounded it of with the allen key the mechanic forced one in there, gave it a small hit with the hammer and bingo loosened up

Comment

Managed to get it out with WD40 then hammer/allen key for those interested.
                    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                    1985 - 2009

Comment

good stuff.
                      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                      X