R6 GYTR slip on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6 GYTR slip on

Wondering if anyone has fitted a GYTR slip on to their R6 (late model 08/09) Could you tell me if it requires the removal of the EXUP valve?

Shawn

got one on my 08 - and the exup comes off with the original can. But why bother? doesn't do much and the money is probably better spent on getting rear suspension set up correctly (front also but rear on the 08/09 needs more work IMO - its got too much swing arm angle).
    Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Was going to ask if it was worth it, i like the sound of the stock can for some reason, but not the look of the titanium which has got scuff marks over it already from boots etc. plus the gytr can seemed fairly cheap. What sort of suspension mods did you envisage for yours?

Comment

Mine's a track bike - the rear and front have been revalved and the correct springs fitted for my weaight and sags set up (the 08 and 09 tend to have too stiff a rear spring). By getting the suspension sorted for your weight, the (any) bike is a much better ride. The GYTR looks ok - is lighter but really does little to increase power. If money is a problem (LOL) then priority IMO is suspension, then maybe a steering damper, sprockets (-1+2) and then maybe the slip on. Just depends on what you want from your ride though.

Comment

cheers for the advice monk

Comment

Oh Just remembered - that replacing the can does not replace the noise supression device - that is mainly carried out by the catalytic converter - so to really get more out of exhaust changes you need a full system - but that tends to be noisy and err - illegal

Comment

Working...
            X