Vortex sprockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex sprockets

Anyone used vortex sprockets before thinking about ordering a vortex rear sprocket for my 08 cbr600rr going to go + 2.

Has anyone had any problems with these sprockets?
    if the bike has done 6k km's is it worth replacing the front 16t sprocket with a 16t vortex aswell? Or just change the rear and wait till the front and the chain are knackered to replace them?

CHeers,

BJ

PS have done a search on vortex and sprockets but couldn't find anything
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Any reason it has to be a Vortex?
    Vortex gear is meant to be pretty reasonable, never heard of anyone having a really bad sprocket.

DD

Comment

its just that i can get a good deal on it.
      Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

then get it - I've used a few and had no problem with them.
        Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

too easy thanks for the input, from memory there may have been a thread about some sprocket shitting itself, just wanted to make sure it wasn't this brand

Comment

I use them and rate them. Good finish and they seem to be pretty good sprocket.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzypatrol View Post
              if the bike has done 6k km's is it worth replacing the front 16t sprocket with a 16t vortex aswell? Or just change the rear and wait till the front and the chain are knackered to replace them?
              i wouldnt bother, if the front sprocket and chain are OEM and only have 6000km on them they should be good for another 10,000 to 15,000km.
              Originally posted by Bendito
              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Vortex are good quality (I have them on both my bikes) but I would replace the front and chain as well (go 520 also while your at it) or you will just reduce the life of the rear. Wear out the set you have or take them off as a set and keep them until you sell the bike and put them back on.
                RR VRT #100
                Sponsors Wanted.
                Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Im running -1 +2 Vortex sprockets atm and the quality is top notch

Comment

one other thing to remember is if you go +2 on the rear, your existing chain may not be long enough.

if you need to replace the chain anyway, then may as well replace the front sprocket at the same time (since htey are relatively cheap compared to the chain + rear)
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

where you getting said deal from?
                      Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Id never touch another one.
                        Cant remember how long it lasted, but it was in the order of 5000km.
                        Current JT steel rear has done about 15,000km and is in great nick. = cheaper in the long run
                        This was on my old 92 Fireblade.

The ebay seller (Sum of all parts) was a cock aswell if thats who your looking at.
                        Sent the wrong size sprockets, even though I told them 4 times what I wanted, didnt answer my emails when I told them they stuffed up, and then gave me negative feedback for "poor commumication".

/rant
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Go directly to the states... i got stung on a 4 month wait going via the australian distributors for vortex sprockets. Same sprockets took 2 weeks from the states

Comment

If you riding on the road then stick with standard sized chain - don't bother with the 520 conversion unless you are going on the track - why? - the standard chain and sprockets will last longer than the comparable 520 conversion. If you go to Gearingcommander.com and pull up your machine then insert the different sprocket sizes (eg. -1+2 or -1+1) it will tell you how much adjustment is needed, check how much adjustment you have and see if you need a longer chain. But WTS - wear out your current set first.
                            Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

he wants to be a stunter monky :p

-1+2 is probably safer for learning wheelies on, since it will make them easier to launch at slower speeds

may as well replace the lot, -1+2 means you will only need 1 link worth of adjustment in the chain rather than 2 links so you may be able to recycle the chain. or replace the lot.. its not like the OEM stuff will go to waste, by the time you have chewed up a 520 pitch set you might be sick of wheelies or without a license either way wanting to restore the bike back to stock gearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X