Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructions to push start my bike?

Hey ppls!

Ive been injured for awhile and unable to ride my bike, went to start it and its got a flat battery, wont turn over at all.

Ive never push started a motorbike before so if anyone has some instructions it would be very much appreciated! I know i could buy a charger but id like to learn how to push start it myself

Thanks so much!

Plan A: Ignition on, pull in clutch lever, select 2nd, roll it along as fast as poss, jump astride bike, release clutch lever (add some throttle), try not to die.
    Plan B: Ask someone for a push, repeat above steps 1,2,3,5,6 &7.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Also try not to crush ye ole gonads on ye old fuel tank!!!

Comment

thanks very much, i will try that first thing in the morning

Comment

A hill would help, not too steep though
          Originally posted by Amac
          suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Push bike up hill, ignition to ON, Clutch in, 2nd gear, get up some speed, dump clutch at the same time drop yo ass onto the seat, should fire up, clutch in, tak'er the the FWY and ride and med/high revs for a little while.

The bounce is critical. Otherwise the rear will just lock up and you slide..... and smash your nuts.
            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

If you don't have any luck, you can jump it off your car.

You don't need to be going too fast to bump it though, no need to try and get a sprint happening, a bit above fast walking pace should be fine.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I've push-started mine a few times, theres knack to it...

By the by, I don't think coombsy has nuts fyi

Comment

push and start, I would have thought the process name said it all?

Comment

However if your battery is dead dead ie no ignition lights you'll need to hunt down a charger and give it a tickle. Unless someone can confirm the ignition on the VTR's is CDI then you won't have a problem.
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

mm heh Coombsy I know you want to do it on your own, but not really a good idea after knee surgery !!!

Go get a trickle charger start the bike that way or jump start it, leave the push starting till later

Comment

coombsy is female

Comment

I wouldn't try the run and jump, I usually start sitting on the bike then get it moving.
                          But then I am a bit unco

Comment

If the battery is totally drained, it'll be a pain to push start as the battery becomes an extra load that the alternator needs to supply.

It may also be easier to push start the bike in 3rd gear if you find 2nd too hard, or that the back wheel is locking up/skidding.

Comment

For crying out very loud!
                              Someone lend him/her a charger or betta go and buy one a cheapy ($25) is in this case the better as it will have a "trickkle" amount of amps charging the thing.
                              Multimeter DC test would be good to see if it dropped a few plates and a new battery needs to be installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X