Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eletrical problem on cbr250rr mc22

Hi,

I'm having some sort of electrical problem with my cbr. What i need to know does my bike have an alternator or something as i think its fucked

Elaborate on your problems and you may get a sensible answer.
    EDIT: Honda. It's your regulator/rectifier.

Comment

Yes, you do have an alternator (someone correct me if my assumption is completely wrong).

But what exactly is the problem? Battery not recharging?

*EDIT* VV Way outta my league... Desmo? =P
      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
        Elaborate on your problems and you may get a sensible answer.
        EDIT: Honda. It's your regulator/rectifier.
        thanks Desmogod,

I was looking for the name as i believe this is the problem.

Battery wont hold charge, When i push start or jump start the bike will start but if i try to ride it, it has no power wont rev, and the electrics go all crazy (lights dim, indicator flash funny etc). However sometimes it will work then cut out as im riding

is it possible to repair it ?

Comment

Suggest you find the workshop manual for you bike (i'm sure it will be on the inter web somewhere) download it and have a bit of a read.
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
            Suggest you find the workshop manual for you bike (i'm sure it will be on the inter web somewhere) download it and have a bit of a read.
            have got myself one just needed to know the name of the part

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
              thanks Desmogod,

I was looking for the name as i believe this is the problem.

Battery wont hold charge, When i push start or jump start the bike will start but if i try to ride it, it has no power wont rev, and the electrics go all crazy (lights dim, indicator flash funny etc). However sometimes it will work then cut out as im riding

is it possible to repair it ?
              Regulators are repaired through replacment however do you know how old the battery is? No holding charge is usually a battery problem not getting charged is a charging system problem. If you can borrow a battery charger give the battery a charge I think would be the first piont of call, or get your battery load tested.

While your at check the battery leads havn't come loose or similar basic stupid problem.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Do you have a multimeter?

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                  Regulators are repaired through replacment however do you know how old the battery is? No holding charge is usually a battery problem not getting charged is a charging system problem. If you can borrow a battery charger give the battery a charge I think would be the first piont of call, or get your battery load tested.
                  yeah have done this, charge the battery, take the bike for a ride come back stop the bike try to start it and wont start. battery is less than a year old

Comment

Do you have a multimeter?
                    yep

Comment

What voltage is across your battery?

Comment

What voltage is across your battery?
                        bike running or off?

Comment

Off.
                          There should also be a procedure in your manual for testing your reg/rec.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...g-guide-79463/

Let me know if you need a hand testing, I've done it a few times on mine

Comment

^ Got your soldering fucking sussed Ben?
                              Originally posted by Ferris
                              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Working...
                              X