Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the exhaust on the Zed

Alrighty,

I gone and bought a set of Akra's for the Zed - just the slip on's and i have a couple of questions if you wise people could assist.

1) When replacing the cans - do you need to "run it in"? Anything I should be mindful of?

2) What the heck do I do with the valve on the left exhaust? I asume most of you would know of what I speak - but I can provide pictures if you dont...

You won't need to do any running in or tuning with just slip ons...

Sorry don't know what you mean by the valve...

P.S I assume it came with baffles i'd take them out if you want a big sound
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

I had an 07 Z1000 til recently & put my own TBR Carbon Cans on.
      The valve on the RHS pipe will stay in the muffler but you'll need to remove the cables that run to the valve from the servo motor that lives on the LHS of the bike behind a panel. It's a very easy job. 1 nut holds on the rotator that the cables live in, undo, pull off the rotator take cables out & then refix the rotator.

If you'd like some piccies just to make sure, go to the Two Bros Website & under fitting instructions they'll describe in detail.

Have fun!!

Comment

Cheers zman!

Much appreciated mate - I dont actually have the pipes yet - but when I do - look out!

Comment

A full set of instructions come with the Akrapovic exhausts, but you can have a look here (from the Akro site here) if you want to have a gander before they arrive. The instructions you get will just be a printed, non-colour, version of that.
          It looks pretty simple, and they provide you with all the anti-seize stuff required, so you'll only need a few basic hand tools.

Chuck some pictures up once you're done fitting them
          FTP

Comment

as the others have said, remove the cables that go to the exhaust valve....

that will make your servo motor redundant....the only function it will have is stop the FI light from coming on.

might want to look into an ivans servo eliminator.

Ivan's Performance Products

a simple plug and play item that will completely remove your servo motor and give you some space for maybe a PCIII or whatever.

off topic: but do you have custom plates? i think i might've rode with you for a bit up stirling highway in north freo earlier this week

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
              Chuck some pictures up once you're done fitting them
              Thanks tim - much abliged

I'll post before and after photo's - I have gone with the Titanium pipes, but it was a tough call..

Originally posted by vbroom View Post
              as the others have said, remove the cables that go to the exhaust valve....

that will make your servo motor redundant....the only function it will have is stop the FI light from coming on.

might want to look into an ivans servo eliminator.

Ivan's Performance Products

a simple plug and play item that will completely remove your servo motor and give you some space for maybe a PCIII or whatever.

off topic: but do you have custom plates? i think i might've rode with you for a bit up stirling highway in north freo earlier this week
              Cheers - I'll look into it, good old Ivan. Yeh this was Friday arvo around 5? It was pretty heavy traffic, but I was doing the ole duck and weave. Is yours a black kwaka? My plate reads H4RRO. Pretty wanky I know, but it gives me a warm fuzzy glow.

Comment

yeah..that was me

when i saw you go past and read your plate it automatically made me say aloud in my helmet "harro" in the kim jong il accent

Comment

Originally posted by vbroom View Post
                  yeah..that was me

when i saw you go past and read your plate it automatically made me say aloud in my helmet "harro" in the kim jong il accent
                  Haha yeh I get heaps on the mine - its usually Harro Hallo!

Nice kwaka by the way - very shiny! I thought you were going to come for a blurt for a bit there...

Comment

1. Why haven't you posted photos yet?

2. Why are you still running baffles, you big girly-man?
                    FTP

Comment

Hey Mate, yeah post some photos! and why not make a video and put on you tube, so we can hear sound as well!!

Comment

Working...
                      X