Leaking radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking radiator

Anyone know somewhere good to take a radiator, see if I can get it fixed.

09 gixxer 750 radiator leaking as I was too lazy to get a radiator guard.
    sigpic

Natrad in Osbourne Park do good radiator repair work.
    FTP

Comment

Do a search 99% of radiator repiaers won't touch lightwieght curved radiators like the ones fitted to bikes there is one guy mentioned in a thread its entirely possible its beyond it. OEM ones aren't cheap ethier
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

If it's an '09 model would it not be covered under warranty?

Comment

By putting a stone through it?
          No.
          FTP

Comment

I fixed one with JB Weld. It depends on size and location of hole. Drain it, take it off, blow it dry, and asses the damage. Could be piss easy, could be too far gone.
            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

an alternative to jb weld

Dura Fix Aluminum Welding Aluminum Brazing Aluminum Soldering & Repair Rod
              Originally posted by Bendito
              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Radiator is off bike, it leaks like hell, several small holes, 2 leaking badly, will sort it out this week. Thanks.
                sigpic

Comment

I took mine to Natrad in malaga, they clean around the holes, put a vaccum in it, suck in some resin, let it cure, pressure test, paint and there ya go, almost like new Think it cost about $50 from memory, dropped it off in the morning, had it back in the afternoon.

Comment

Will take it up there tomorrow or the next day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                      I took mine to Natrad in malaga, they clean around the holes, put a vaccum in it, suck in some resin, let it cure, pressure test, paint and there ya go, almost like new Think it cost about $50 from memory, dropped it off in the morning, had it back in the afternoon.
                      had a pretty similar experience from natrad in armadale. sounds like they are the ones to take your busted radiator to.

Comment

Working...
                      X