camera mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera mount

just wondering if anybody on here has one of these and what they thought of it and is it safe to be on your filler cap like that
    Starider Motorcycle Camera Mount 4 most bikes - eBay, Other Accessories, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 06-Aug-09 21:54:07 AEST)

Safe if you can keep the speedo out of the shot. Number of people have similar devices which work reasonably well vibration can be a issue though it varies from bike to bike and depending on where the filler cap sits on your bike some of them end up with the camera a long way forward. They usually pick up on the bolts in the filler cap flange rather than the actual filler cap itself so its bolted to the bike fairly securely.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

i have one of those exact ones... i had to bend it to get the right angle (as above will depend on bike and camera) as at first it was too low and now it just cuts off the speedo which is perfect. These seem to work well being one single piece of metal in regards to vibration. I stuck velcro where the camera sits to give it a bit of flex. Fits well around the cap edge as it doesnt scratch the tank and you can still put fuel in it.
      sigpic
      http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Got one recently , happy with it , but i'm using a HDD sony handycam and the vibrations from the bike stop it from recording ,any suggestions ?

Comment

Damper. You could try something like a flannel between the camera and the mount, just make sure it's still attached firmly. Cut a small hole in the flannel for the screw to go through and voila!
          When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. — JC Denton

Comment

Originally posted by Ride on View Post
            Got one recently , happy with it , but i'm using a HDD sony handycam and the vibrations from the bike stop it from recording ,any suggestions ?
            Is it the vibrations or the interferance from the ignition?
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride on View Post
              Hopefully your camera is hard drive and sd card?
              If so just record to sd card

hard drive cameras have an anti shock system that turns the camera off when it senses vibration
              you can usually bypass it but it's not very safe and you could scramble your cameras drive
              recording to sd card stops it as sd isn't affected by vibration

Comment

It's the vibrations or bumps in road , records fine while stationary. tried some rubber as a damper which made a difference.
                The SD card sounds they way to go.
                Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X