F4 Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4 Fender

i'm looking for a fender eliminator for the f4, seen heaps of pics on some sites and they look gewd... but i just can't see where the lock barrel for the seat goes, cos atm its actually on the fender, just above the number plate...

has anyone else done this? got pics?
    Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

go to bed! you got work early tomorrow

check there
    http://www.1tail.com/sa/p/F4_99-_00_...inator_Kit.htm
    QUESTION: Does this kit eliminate the lock leaving just the cable to remove the seat or is the seat still removed by using a key? ANSWER: Retains the stock lock (new location)
    QUESTION: Where is the lock relocated too and does it require any drilling? ANSWER: It's relocated to the back side of the plate flush to the bottom. The black plastic will need to be cut for this kit, but all cuts will be concealed within the kit.
    QUESTION: Doed the kit allow room for the key for the seat lock? Does it relocate it? ANSWER: Yes it relocates the stock locking mechanism
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by jonnyking; 04-08-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

hmmm jk=surprisingly useful... thanks

p.s i would happily be in bed if my 1 y.o would let me. its gonna b a fun day tomorrow.

Comment

I installed one on my old F4, but it's actually an entire undertail, not just a fender eliminator. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but you might be able to drop Speedfreek a PM, because I think he's the current owner of the bike.

It's a fair bit of hassle, for the gain. You've got to attack the entire battery tray piece with a dremel/jigsaw, so once it's on, you're not going to be able to change it back without buying a whole new battery tray (so it'd be a bitch if you copped a licky). Once the undertail is installed, you've either got to buy or fabricate a bracket to attach to it for your numberplate and indicators. The majority of undertails also replace the tail light with pretty average LED lights. On mine, the difference between tail light and brake light was fairly minor, so it wasn't always easy for people to tell I was braking.

If I were doing it again, I'd just cut the fender away from underneath the numberplate and be done with it
        FTP

Comment

that's what i've done for now. but what you described sounds pretty different to what jk posted... meh, plenty other stuff to play around with before i get to that anyways.

Comment

Working...
          X