Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HESD fluid change

Hi guys,

Has anyone changed the hydraulic fluid in their HESD (honda electronic steering damper)?

I was trying to take it off a few weeks ago prior to getting my Haynes manual and I cracked it open thinking the screws on top where the ones holding it on.

Anyway a fair bit of the fluid leaked out and I found out it is a non-serviceable part, so I can't seem to find out any details on what fluid it is from Honda.

I have seen on some other forums that people have put in 5w or 10w fork oil when they have wanted to play with it to try to change its properties. I'd be happy with stock, but I need to know what fluid i should stick in it.

Any ideas? I might have to just stick 5w fork oil in it if i can't find out what it is.

It feels less viscous than cooking oil as a comparison.
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Had a quick search, could only find reference to it being hydraulic fluid. But no specifics.
    Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

after market dampers say to use fork fluid?? guess try a weight and see how it goes.

dont forget, u will need to bleed the damper
      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

thanks for the replies. I've been trawling the net for a couple of weeks now with nothing but fork fluid being the closest answer.
        I think i'll submerge it and do it up in a container of fork fluid so as to get out any air the lazy way and clean it up afterwards.
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I don't like ur chances re: submersing. When filling conventional plunger type dampers, I've found syringe nozzles to be a nice snug fit to screw holes.

U can get 30mL and larger for a couple of dollars from any chemist.
          Posted via Mobile Device
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Hey dude, have you tried searching on Fireblades.org?

Any issue I've had with my 'Blade, even the ones that leave me stumped, have usually been covered a few times on there.

Would look for you, but I should be working

Comment

Working...
            X