Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Methanol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Methanol

    Hi guys,i have a bucket racer which i have just purchased.I want to join the Historics and hopefully wobble around Wanneroo raceway in the near future.I was just on the net trying to find out where you can buy Methanol from.Hope someone out there can help me with some info.

  • #2
    Nah cant help!^_^
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

    Comment


    • #3
      I hate to get all obvious, but contact the historics club and ask them. They will be able to give you a better answer than us muppets making shit up
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        I hate to get all obvious, but contact the historics club and ask them. They will be able to give you a better answer than us muppets making shit up
        Spot on! thats what i would do!
        I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

        Comment


        • #5
          Your local servo?

          My grandad used to homebrew grappa that was about 90% methanol, I'll see if there's any vintage left

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah i did send them an email but thought i'd might get some chat happening.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dennisw View Post
              Hi guys,i have a bucket racer which i have just purchased.I want to join the Historics and hopefully wobble around Wanneroo raceway in the near future.I was just on the net trying to find out where you can buy Methanol from.Hope someone out there can help me with some info.
              IT SHOULD READ! Hi guys, i have a bucket racer which i purchased from my brother who is SOOO AWESOME AN GOOD LOOKING AND A GREAT RIDER!!
              I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

              Comment


              • #8
                just get a still going and make the ethanol yourself.....and what you dont use for racing you can drink after
                Last edited by Taz; 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM. Reason: ethanol instead of methanol...
                A site all parents should check regulary
                http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

                (+)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is the motor built for Ethanol?
                  It has a habit of melting rubber seals, o-rings and lines.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    Is the motor built for Ethanol?
                    It has a habit of melting rubber seals, o-rings and lines.
                    U mean rubber piston rings yeah? Amirite?
                    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      also isn't the air fuel ratio for methanol like 5 to 1 or something completely different from normal petrol?

                      so you'd have to drastically alter your jetting
                      Wes

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Shit load of places depending on what you want. Coogee Chemicals down Kwinana beach rd would be your best bet, but you'd want their Ozbourne park office and iirc they deal mostly in bulk. However they also stock the purest Metho as opposed the other watered down shit you may find elsewhere. There's also Recochem in Freo and Kewdale, they stock DAA Metho and all kinds of good stuff. And if they come out short, try Westfuels.

                        Will rustle up some numbers for ya early next week i've been out of the loop for a while.
                        FEADCinc, PSB?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oil & Energy in Bibra Lake sell methanol. Give them a call on 9434 0900

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by likefry View Post
                            also isn't the air fuel ratio for methanol like 5 to 1 or something completely different from normal petrol?
                            You did Chemistry at some stage didn't you? So work it out.

                            2 CH3OH + 3 O2 → 2 CO2 + 4 H2O

                            Methanol = 2:3

                            Someone else can find the equation for Petrol because I cbf.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              just add ethanol to your petrol and you will be fine......thats not a scientific approach but it works....

                              used to add a litre of metho to my fuel tank of my '74 celica one to move any water in the old fuel and 2 to give it a boost...works the same on bikes or just get hold of some avtur......that really rocks
                              A site all parents should check regulary
                              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

                              (+)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X