Air cooled suzuki 250's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air cooled suzuki 250's

Im trying to find out what suzuki's ran the same engine as the GN250.

So far I have a DR250 and a GZ250...... Anyone else got any more to add. Seems wreckers want just as much for an engine as what a whole lic bike is going for in the quokka. I figure if I know what else ran the same engines it will help me while ratting through the quokka and ebay.

They are a single cyl air cooled 2 valve 250cc engine

Any info will be appreciated

well can tell you the gsx range dont run the same engine

on a side note costed me 500 to buy a motor for the gsx i had from motorcycle masters
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

DR had no electric start, slightly different camshaft profile and a tad more comp. They all had a healthy appetite for cams and rockers, but generally a reliable old girl.

Comment

Bugger, I was wrong, I thought the DR had elec start.

Cheers

Comment

it was the same deal for my GS500... new bike time!
          Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

Seen a GZ Marauder? although they seem to have a 2v head, but am sure ive seen em with the same 4v as the GN

Comment

Yep DR has only kick start.
              249cc
              17hp @ 7,800 RPM from factory,
              single cylinder 4 stroke,
              9.0:1 compression
              72.0 x 61.2 (bore x stroke)

If anyone knows how to give these engines a tickle for some more power/response please let me know - I would love to see what can be done with my project (here endeth the hijack)

Comment

Couldn't you rebuild the engine instead of getting a new one??

I'm sure a single cylinder single valve air cooled engine would be pretty easy to play with?
                Wes

Comment

Put an RZ motor in it :awesome:
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                    249cc
                    17hp @ 7,800 RPM from factory,
                    single cylinder 4 stroke,
                    9.0:1 compression
                    72.0 x 61.2 (bore x stroke)

If anyone knows how to give these engines a tickle for some more power/response please let me know - I would love to see what can be done with my project (here endeth the hijack)
                    I just bought a book of ebay for $20 called 'Tuning 4 stroke engines' my Gn will be my first guinea pig!

You know the GN motors are rated at 22hp, must be a gearing difference or something, same compression and stroke.

Your DR has no airbox and may need some finetuning done with the carbie to balance it out, and then with short exhaust, id say youd be able to squeze a bit more hp outa ya engine with a well tuned carby.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz View Post
                      249cc
                      Don't say that too loud unless you want to upset my '97 DR 250. It was born with only an electric start but had the operation later in life and aquired a kick start.

SV

Comment

Ahhh mine is but a humble '85 model - before all this elecrificity business.
                        How does one go about converting a bike to kick start though? My GPZ550 could use such a thing....

Comment

Working...
                        X