ZX6 brake caliper bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX6 brake caliper bolts?

Does anyone out there know the exact size of the allen head on the bolts that hold the front brake calipers on the '03-04 ZX6. They're the Tokico radial mount calipers. 6mm was too small but 1/4 inch was too big.

Thanks
    Feels good man.

They're going to be metric, so if your 1/4" was too big, I'd suggest that your 6mm may be worn, or from a cheap set, and that's why it feels too loose.
    FTP

Comment

The 6mm is brand new and exactly 6mm (measured with a caliper scale). :mellow:
      Feels good man.

Comment

From google, 1 inches = 25.4 millimeters.

So your 1/4" allen key is 6.35mm.. something is screwed if it's too big and a 6mm key is too small.

Comment

Originally posted by esquire View Post
          The 6mm is brand new and exactly 6mm (measured with a caliper scale). :mellow:
          Its not 'exactly' by the way
          Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

esquire, pm me and bring it round to vic park dude. we've got a bunch of different allen key sockets/and others you can try.

Comment

put a TPI gauge on it????

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                put a TPI gauge on it????
                because knowing how many threads per inch will help you work out what size allen key you need get back to selling parts you office boy!

Comment

I thought he wanted to know bolt size, fuck off

at least i'm at work scumbag

I should learn to read

Comment

It's 6mm. Excluding tractors, british and very old bikes, your likely gonna have metric. Most Kawa/Suzi/Yama/Honda's will use 5-6mm inhex allen bolts for your commonly accessed parts.

If it's a poor fit, either your bolts are starting to get flogged out, or the allen key is worn/crap. If the bolts do appear to be rounding at the top, don't fuck around. Get replacements (either genuine or a reputable bolt manu's equivilent), they will be high tensile screwed into your nice expensive fork bottoms, and you don't want to be trying to hammer a 1/4" allen key into them to unscrew if they round out.

Comment

Working...
                    X