Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Protectors: How to keep them stuck down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Protectors: How to keep them stuck down?

I have tank pads on my zx636 that have a couple of edges that keep lifting up slightly. Whats the best way of keeping them stuck down without destroying the paint on the tank? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    sigpic
    Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken!

perhaps the angle of your tank is too aggressive..........

might not fit snug.
    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

The biggest thing is making sure the tank is clean and doesn't have any polish/wax/plexus where the pad is going to stick.
      Trying to re-stick it when it lifts is never going to be permanent without damaging the paint when it eventually comes off.
      FTP

Comment

what bigtim said, I've never had a problem, usually can't get the buggers off.

Maybe invest in a new one, and make sure you clean the tank with wax & grease remover or rubbing alcohol first
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

make sure you heat it with a hairdryer before application

Comment

Use prepsol or shellite on your tank before affixing it, never had a problem.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. Looks like I might have to take it off and start over again.
              sigpic
              Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken!

Comment

If you're going to start again and you need new adhesive, try 3M double sided tape. It's strong stuff when it's cured. It's clear, comes in a variety of widths, and it's used to hold the windows in the space shuttle or something. You can get it from glaziers supplies. When you want to remove it, you rub it and it rolls up and leaves no residue.

Comment

Working...
                X