Installing new grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new grips

Anyone know how easy it is to install new grips?
    Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

how easy?
    Very.
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Although to make it super easy ideally you need access to a compressor and a dust off gun.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

agree with Nero...

where in perth are you, someone with the compressor and gun may live close to you...

Comment

hot soapy water and a metal kebab skewer works well enough.
          Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by T_B R1 View Post
            hot soapy water and a metal kebab skewer works well enough.
            why didnt i ever think of that

i always reach for my stanley :p
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

A splash of metho lubes the grip to put it on, then evaporates completely to stick it there. Make sure the bar & throttle tube are totally clean & dry first.
              Last edited by Carbonar1; 11-08-2009, 08:39 PM. Reason: Kunt spel

Comment

compresor is the best. never get twists in ur grips either.
                The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

yeh - compressor is the way. did mine last month and took about 1 minute each side - the compressor just blows them onto the handle - simple. where u?

Comment

apparently a dash of petrol is also good as it evaporates leaving the grips on nice and tight.
                    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Hairspray works exceedingly well also

Comment

Contact adhesive and wire them on, you will have to use a knife to get them off they will never come loose.

Comment

Renthal gripstick (probably just relabeled contact adhesive).

Make sure not to move them while they're drying though, or they won't be well stuck.

Comment

I want to do this too but don't really know how.

But I do have a compressor , any specific steps on how to do it ?

oh, I'm in Jandakot. If that's close for you djt77 you can use it too
                            When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
                            Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Dave View Post
                              But I do have a compressor , any specific steps on how to do it ?

oh, I'm in Jandakot. If that's close for you djt77 you can use it too
                              The cat's out of the bag now and I can see your house from here
                              Originally posted by Amac
                              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Working...
                              X