R&G Tail Tidy 08 CBR600rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&G Tail Tidy 08 CBR600rr

Hey...... has Anyone recently bought, or seen the R&G Tail tidy for +07 CBR 600rr?
    I fitted one to my bike last night (looks so much better)......Well it comes with this little "hood", which is meant to cover the back of the new break light and protect the wires from the exhaust. However, the way it appears to be secured, is by the same nuts that hold on the light. The hood has two cradles (half holes) that locate over the threads from the light and then the nuts clamp the whole thing together. Aaaaaaaaaanyhow,......i tried this, and no matter how well you tighten these nuts (about 4mm ss) the hood just isn't secure

Has anyone worked out a way of securing one of these properly, or is it one of those things you drop -kick into the shed and ignore it ever existed???????

Any help appreciated......Cheers

Drop kick it before you get a yellow licker

Comment

Pics. There is always a way but i have no idea what you are talking about.
      EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
        Drop kick it before you get a yellow licker
        Sensible reply....

Comment

Sorry about the Quality of the Pics....but you get the idea.
          Attached Files

Comment

yeah get rid of it, or give to me. ill work it out for ya
            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

lol....With the trouble I went through to get it at a reasonable price.....the farkin thing will be going on whether it likes it or not.....

Comment

Did you get the instructions with it? (if not, they're here)

It mentions that there's two different length bolts, and I think it's saying you need to use the shorter bolts, along with the nyloc nuts, to secure that piece you're talking about. Might be the issue?
                FTP

Comment

When it is talking about the long Vs short bolts and Nylocks, it is refering to mounting the main plat to the hangers.....which i have done. The only way of attaching the hood bit is via the long threads on the light its self, which isn't mentioned in any of the instructions.....
                  what I am considering doing at the moment is to drill and tap two holes beneath where the hood sits and put a couple of set screws through the top of the hood and into the main plate. i was just hoping that there was an easier way of doing it.
                  I have looked at heaps of pics of this unit online, and funny enough, none of them have the hood part attached......so its either a new addition, or no one else can be arsed with it and leaves it as is??????

Comment

I bought one too and had the same trouble. I emailed R&G and they conformed it was a cover as you described but were less than useful when it came to helping me work out how to fit it. I am going to the NEC (Birmingham, UK) bikeshow at the end of November and hopefully they will be there. I am gonna take the part with me and see if I can get any sense out of them. I will let you know.

Comment

need pics

i've had one on my bike since 07 and had no problems fitting it...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by HANNspreeDAVE View Post
                        I bought one too and had the same trouble. I emailed R&G and they conformed it was a cover as you described but were less than useful when it came to helping me work out how to fit it. I am going to the NEC (Birmingham, UK) bikeshow at the end of November and hopefully they will be there. I am gonna take the part with me and see if I can get any sense out of them. I will let you know.
                        Ok...I got mine sorted, but with a bit of improvisation. first of all I tried to replace the 3mm nuts with nylocks, but couldn't get enough movement with a spanner to tighten them up. So I ended up making little bracket out off aluminium that sits underneith the hood and fastened it in place with a couple of screws through the top and a couple from the underside....works a charm.

I will get some pics of it tonight and post up.

feel free to PM me if you want more details.......have fun

Comment

Working...
                        X