What do you put on your leathers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you put on your leathers ??

Now I'm talking leather motorcycle riding gear .... non of that wacked out kinky stuff (unless that's what you use it for)

There's tons of products around and I'm wondering is there one or two products that are more commonly used (i.e. better)or is it all basically doing the same thing.

So, Dave wants to know what do you use on your leathers ?? (to clean or protect)

I last used some armour all leather cleaning spray thing that was very good
    and to protect it ...... I can't remember what I used last, it's been a while.
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

bugs and rain.

Dubbin may or may not have contributed to the stitching in my last jacket rotting. It was 15 years old at that point.

Snoseal is supposed to be pretty good.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

mmm I usually put my leathers on me

I haven't bothered yet, but I guess Dubbin or something similar, after washing with warm water and mild soap

Comment

Snowseal is good stuff, i use it on my hiking gear.
        It will darken the colour of your leather though.
        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

I got some leather conditioner stuff from a bike shop, it smells like coconut
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Coconut flavoured Barfy!?
            It's like all my dreams come true... err, I mean, *ahem* coconut flavour? really?
            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

303 Aerospace protectant. I use it on everything. It is like Amorall but it actually DOES protect. It also has SPF factor protection. I bought it mainly for my dashboard on my car but having tried it on a number of things I have been very impressed with it. It is also a water based product, not solvent based like Amorall and most other products of that kind. It will not damage.
              I also use Dubbin on most leather. I have heard people mention it rotting stitching but have yet to see anything personally that I could take as being proof of that.

Comment

I have thus far only put bugs and road grime on my leathers, I suppose I should look at cleaning them one day as I've had them for 5 years.
                On my Sidi boots I use stuff recomended by a boot maker, can't remember the name but its bees wax and lanolin, makes them water resistant and soft and supple.

Bert
                It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

countless hours of fresh air
                  Better than you since '87

Comment

would leather care stuff still apply to leathers like alpine stars jackets? that have been coloured etc?

Comment

Should not make a difference if the leather has been stained as far as I know (can always test a small unobtrusive area first).
                      I've heard the dubbin rumors as well from years of oiling tack for horses (or is it hores?) and boots.
                      Some of our gear would have been 10 years + old and never had a problem with the stitching. Granted its somewhat heavier duty than jackets, but really, if you get 10 years out of a jacket you've gotten your money's worth in my opinion.

Comment

what do you put on your leathers?
                        a bit of turn 7 at barbs...

Comment

Usually saddle soap and associated bees wax style dubbin, avliable in most horse supply type shops in reasonable quanities (shoe shops and hiking shops want to sell you itybity quanities for lots). Usually with the help of a young lady in very tight pants and knee high boots , don't be too cheeky though they know where the whip section is and are happy to give a demostration .
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

The HD(i just can't say it) Leather conditioner is a pretty solid product.
                            Originally posted by TurboR1
                            Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

Nero: sounds like fun, got any shops in mind? I can buy a bridle and saddle, she could ride me around like a pony
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X