Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding kneesliders to leathers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adding kneesliders to leathers

    Seems I'm now booked in for 2 trackdays, though still very new to the whole thing.

    I have an old pair of Rjays leather pants, no kneesliders. Was thinking maybe I could sew on a velcro patch, or get sown on.

    Has anyone done this before ? Or anyone know where to score the velcro ?
    I did a few www searches, saw a thread about strap on kneesliders, canna find em and sound a bit dodgy ?

    Now i dont think I'm gonna get my knee down, just done the ARD @ AHG, but would feel more inclined to get my body over if i didn't think I'd lose a kneecap

    Or maybe just wads of motorcycle tape like the ole boys use to do
    Now if $ wern't falling thru my pockets of course I'd grab a new pair, just not the right moment ^_^

  • #2
    Try Lammy's Multi Service in Maylands, or Reid's Bootmakers, Basinghall St, East Vic Park. I have seen gaffa used before

    Comment


    • #3
      Hope this link works.... Im pretty sure its Reids as Kristy+x said... He does alot of Motorcycle gear leather repair work....

      Google Maps

      Shoulda seen how busy he was after Kings Of Wanneroo last year

      Comment


      • #4
        yeh nother one for Reids, they modded/fixed mine quick and a good job
        Originally posted by Rocket
        Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

        Comment


        • #5
          Big cheers guys n gals,
          Do they have the velcro patch ?
          Will give them a hoy 2morrow........
          Gaffa tape, oh my ..well, i was thinking of strapping on a bunnings kneepad

          Comment


          • #6
            bunnings kneepads have been done before. I believe you need to be careful so they don't twist
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by boogs View Post
              Big cheers guys n gals,
              Do they have the velcro patch ?
              Will give them a hoy 2morrow........
              Gaffa tape, oh my ..well, i was thinking of strapping on a bunnings kneepad
              Im going to Exclusive Leather Traders Tomoro night to get fitted and priced up for a two peice suit! And he said he would look after me on the price which is already a steal at a fourth of the price of a Alpinestars suit!!!

              I will ask him where he goes, or if he does it... Do you have the velcro and sliders to put on?? If not i will ask him how much for a set for you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by STEEDS View Post
                Im going to Exclusive Leather Traders Tomoro night to get fitted and priced up for a two peice suit! And he said he would look after me on the price which is already a steal at a fourth of the price of a Alpinestars suit!!!

                I will ask him where he goes, or if he does it... Do you have the velcro and sliders to put on?? If not i will ask him how much for a set for you.
                Whilst they're a local business they use company o/seas for making up the suits (they did 6 months ago when i got mine)... so you'll have a long wait. If you are keeping the leathers, you may as well bite the bullet and get the velcro sewn on now... kneesliders falling off on the track is not a good thing. My guess is Reid's could supply the velcro for it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kristy+x View Post
                  Whilst they're a local business they use company o/seas for making up the suits (they did 6 months ago when i got mine)... so you'll have a long wait. If you are keeping the leathers, you may as well bite the bullet and get the velcro sewn on now... kneesliders falling off on the track is not a good thing. My guess is Reid's could supply the velcro for it.
                  Yup thats right... he said if I order before the end of the week i will have it by the first week of Sept as he has a shippment ready to go :grin:

                  We are at those two shopping centers.If need be the best one is Carousel as I am here all the time. Are you standard sort of size?? If you would like to come over we can chat about it-I can get the suit here by 1 week Sept but need to get the order in this week as I have my main shipment due in then. Feel free to call me if you like

                  Many thanks

                  MIKE JARVIS

                  Wicked Gear

                  P.O. BOX 1024 HILLARYS WA 6923

                  0416752565

                  Exclusive Leather Traders

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Alrighty, sounds good.
                    barfridge-- bunnings kneepads have been done before. I believe you need to be careful so they don't twist
                    I was thinking that they would be triky to keep in place, and i dont need to be thinking about them on the track, especially if they fling off and hit someone

                    Hey Steeds, can u pm the price ? Not the right time 4 me to buy, just interested 4 the future ^_^
                    And no velcro or sliders yet, feelers out n about....If LT have em, beauty
                    BTW, can u ask them if they just sell the pants separately ?

                    And cheers Kristy+x, ringing them in the morn, mm, might be a prob as little bit of raised padding on the knees.always bloodee something

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by boogs View Post
                      Hey Steeds, can u pm the price ? Not the right time 4 me to buy, just interested 4 the future ^_^
                      And no velcro or sliders yet, feelers out n about....If LT have em, beauty
                      BTW, can u ask them if they just sell the pants separately ?
                      Can buy pants separately prob around the $200 mark. But stick with the ones you have 4 now.

                      I will find out about the Velcro and Sliders 4 u....

                      What size shoe are you? I think your feet are smaller than me and I have a pair of Gaerne boots that should fit you that you can have. i will bring them along to the TS....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cheers Steeds, well see how much getting velcro sewn on costs, plus kneesliders..
                        As to boots, tre generous matey, though I'll be fine with my Rossi Vision 811, canna imagine scraping a toe ? Much appreciated...
                        Damn, u guys are hardcore

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X