More lost keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More lost keys

Somehow either my wonderful wife or kids (no, of course it wasn't me), have lost/stolen/hidden/eaten/sold or traded my bike keys. Now the ignition key was already different to the tank and seat, so i just have to remove my ignition barrel, easy right?

Well the only problem is that its parked up with the steering lock on, i'm told this makes it a bit harder... i tried looking in my workshop manual but cant find anything on getting round the steering lock... does anyone know how to remove the barrel with it in lock?

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

what year is your bike

Comment

It's a 2000.

Comment

you have a few options remove tank, seat lock, top clamp,take to locksmith have them keyed alike . call a locksmith out to cut keys no need to remove anything.take your bike to a locksmith or the very best and most common option find the key and cut a copy

Comment

oh yeh, i've been searching everywhere since the weekend for them.. if they were here i probably would have found them.

i asked a locksmith if they could come out to cut the key and he said they couldnt do it.

Comment

i pulled the ignition from out apprentices hyo and made him a new key, not very hard. thieving one of them would be too easy. im sure urs would be a bit harder. least u would need is a small right angle drill and easy outs but the security bolts are soft as and are quite a pain to remove, as they are intended.
            IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

holy faaaaaaaaark, just removed the ignition... that was not easy with the steering lock on...

(anone out there ever planning to lose your keys... make sure the steering lock isnt on..)

otherwise without it on it would have been relatively easy.. except i think i accidently adjusted one of my forks...

now off to locksmith in the morning, put it back together and ride back to locksmith to get fuel tank key made...

Comment

well done that's a shit job when it is locked. get your gas cap keyed alike

Comment

Originally posted by chrisso View Post
                  holy faaaaaaaaark, just removed the ignition... that was not easy with the steering lock on...

(anone out there ever planning to lose your keys... make sure the steering lock isnt on..)

otherwise without it on it would have been relatively easy.. except i think i accidently adjusted one of my forks...

now off to locksmith in the morning, put it back together and ride back to locksmith to get fuel tank key made...
                  Its not a single key for everything? To late now but what you can do is pull the helmet lock and take that in that will give them the first two or three numbers then they have a data base they can plug in the model make and year and get the rest.
                  Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                    Its not a single key for everything? To late now but what you can do is pull the helmet lock and take that in that will give them the first two or three numbers then they have a data base they can plug in the model make and year and get the rest.
                    nah the ignition is different to the tank on mine... must have been replaced before..

Comment

Working...
                    X