Brake reservoir options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake reservoir options?

I find them ugly on most bikes what's my options?

www.rizoma.com ?

Dubs

Comment

Not looking at jazzing up a shitting looking brake reservoir but replacing it to blend into the bike more. Seen on some bwns they have a flat kind that blend into the bar and look as it's part of the bike and not random tub added on.
      Last edited by incon; 14-08-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Some nice gear on that site tho, lever quality from rizoma? I dont want a tub looking RESERVOIR.
        Last edited by incon; 14-08-2009, 05:13 PM. Reason: RESERVOIR not reserve

Comment

That may help my google searching
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by incon View Post
            That may help my google searching
            Thanks
            See, look tyson, i helped.

BTW, the thing about a reservoir is that it has to sit above the master cylinder. Which means you can't really have on integrated into the bar unless you fuck around moving the M/C, which will probably mean you'll have to make the lever sit lower.
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

or mount directly into the master, and sit slightly above

Dubs

Comment

Spose that's doable- but is there any aftermarket kits that do that? Seems like a lot of expense for little gain.
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

the busa one is way up under the tail and is very hard to access

this bolts straight in to the master US$60

Dubs
                  Attached Files

Comment

fuck ém off, brakes you dont need them, just think of all that weight you'll save ...levers, tubs, calipers, rotors, lines..the worlds your oyster....

Comment

Yep, CBR1000 track bike had a piece of tube for rear brake reservoir!!

Done the job!!

Comment

Sportsbike sell Beringer Brakes for Street, Supermoto, Harley, Buell and Racing. ... prob worth as much as ya bike tho
                        .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post

BTW, the thing about a reservoir is that it has to sit above the master cylinder.
                          Unless the reservoir is pressurized.
                          Would have to be bled and pressurized above the master cylider obviously.
                          As you say, lots of effort for minimal gain.

Those Beringer brakes look like an awesome bit of kit.
                          Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

'Rated R' on ebay have those small fluid reservoirs
                            IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                              Have seen this site before and love their products. Very nicely finished kit at a not-too-expensive price.

As for your reservior, why not just leave it the way it is? Just about every bike has one and as other members have said; there's not really a huge amount you can do about it. Either cover it, move it or leave it For the cost, I'd just as sooner leave it.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Working...
                              X