No announcement yet.

change of exhaust - now not starting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of exhaust - now not starting..

i had a luccy exhaust made up for my bike.. and decided to change it back to my roo pipe yesterday.. but one everything was bolted up... the bike didnt want to start/fire up.. the mid pipes and muffler are really carboned up.. could this be a cause?

Dirty plugs?

Comment

kill switch

Comment

it turns over..
        and how can the plugs get dirty by putting another pipe on??

Comment

More info required. Turns over but won't start? Is there backpressure? Exhaust leak? How carboned up is the pipes and muffler?
          User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

Hmm, you may have upset something putting the exhaust on. It should still start even with a really clogged up exhaust.

Comment

Start with simple shit. if it ran before without problems, it should run now, at the very least it should idle. Can you provide some more information - does it try to start, or does it just turn over? How carboned up is really carboned up?

If it just turns over without seeming to fire at all:
              Have you knocked anything during the installation? Not sure exactly how the electrics on your bike work, but check the sidestand switch, clutch switch, kill switch.
              If they are good, check for spark, and go from there.

If it tries to fire but wont start/run, first try checking your plugs, then either removing the can totally or putting the can back on that you know is good. IMO that would be a good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by funkenfresh View Post
                it turns over..
                and how can the plugs get dirty by putting another pipe on??
                did you start it without a pipe on?

Comment

no i didnt start it without the pipe on..
                  the pipe on it atm is really carboned up!!! ..
                  when i first went to start it with this pipe on it fired twice then just kept turning..
                  i dont reckon its plugs... i hope not anyway.. plugs cant just foul up by putting on carboned up pipe..

Comment

had it beem sitting long before swapping them over??? aka how long since it had been ridden... is it carby or fuel injection?
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

its a cbr 954 (injected)... it has been ridden the last week or so

Comment

Originally posted by funkenfresh View Post
                        its a cbr 954 (injected)... it has been ridden the last week or so
                        got me stumped...
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Just for shits and giggles, try putting the battery on a charger for a while, 30 mins if its a 4 amp car charger. The 929's and 954's seem to need a lot of kick to get em going, they can become hard to start if the battery is a bit down or on its way out. Also check for spark, pull a plug lead off, stick a screwdriver up it, hold it close to the engine where there is no paint, turn the bike over, see if you get a spark. check the kill switch, take it off, give it a clean and light spray with wd40. It does sound like you have disturbed something when changing pipes though, check all electrical connections you can find are clean and connected.

Comment

did someone put a peice of cloth in the pupe while in storage and it is stuck in it? silly but it does happen...
                            wanna get laid?

then craw up a chicken's ass and wait!

Comment

Im completely lost, i dont' see why ya should be having problems lol.

I'd go through and have a check of the whole bike, make sure everything is where it needs to be. As they said up there possibly try a new battery? Other than that i don't really know

Comment

Working...
                              X