Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR 250 front brake noise

Hey dudes,

just wondering why i would be hearing a click noise when i use my front brake sometimes. It only generally happens at speed of a about 40km's and stop after u hold the brake down, as in it just clicks when you pull the lever. Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced or got an idea why this would be happening? even better what i could check?

Nothing to see... Move along...
    Last edited by wannabee; 17-08-2009, 08:22 PM.
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabee View Post
      Brake cable not sitting in your lever properly?!

Possibly the seals on the forks are sticking and "cracking" the seal as u brake...
      ...:mellow: No.

It'll be the pad shifting slightly in the caliper, on the retaining pins. Don't worry about it.
      FTP

Comment

Now that you mention it i thought i noticed some cracks around the rubber parts on the fork hmmmm time for a service by Derek and a quick check over me thinks.

Comment

Please don't listen to Wannabee. He's an idiot.

It can't be your "brake cable" because your bike doesn't have one. Your bike has a hydraulic brake system, which means no cable.
          And provided you can't see fork oil on your stanchions (the smaller diameter part of your forks), your fork seals are fine. They won't make a cracking noise when your brake.

Check the brake pad's play, in a direction parallel with your brake rotor. If it moves a little, that will be what makes the noise when you first touch your brakes, when the pad shifts all the way forward.
          FTP

Comment

Cheers Timbo, I'll have a look tomorrow when i have some good light. Sorry, just a bit of a hypochondriac.

Comment

No worries. Better to ask questions than have something like that fail
              FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                It'll be the pad shifting slightly in the caliper, on the retaining pins. Don't worry about it.
                +1, it bugged me for ages untill i wedged something (temporarily of course) in between the pads and the retaining pins / caliper.

Comment

Working...
                X