Accelerating Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerating Issues

Firstly I must say that the bike hasn't seen the mechanic in quite a while, so I'm probably answering my own question in saying that the carbies probably need a clean and syncro, along with a valve adjustment, but I figured I'd check with the PSB knowledge base that it couldn't be anything else first.

I only really noticed the issue when I took a pillion for a ride today, but when I am accelerating hard with the extra weight at lower revs, the engine sorta lurches a bit and doesn't do a whole lot of accelerating until it hits 8-9krpm.

It's only just noticable with only me riding, but only in lower revs at higher speeds at WOT.

Does it sound like there could be anything else at fault? Or does the bike simply need a major service. I was hoping to attempt the carb syncro/clean and valve adjustment by myself but might have to let a mechanic do it this time around. Thanks for your help.

how heavy is your pillion?
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Hmm bike doesnt accelerate well with a pillon.

Well that sir is a rhubarb of a dilly of a pickle.
      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
        Hmm bike doesnt accelerate well with a pillon.

Well that sir is a rhubarb of a dilly of a pickle.
        Theres a difference between poor acceleration and surging acceleration.

Pillion is light, have taken her before without this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
          Pillion is light, have taken her before without this issue.
          From behind though?

Comment

Desmo please!

This is serious business.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

How does it run generally idling and without a passenger on the back?

Comment

desmo the girl is my sister. All the funnies aside, has anyone got some advice? Spark plugs are old, are they a possibility?

EDIT^^^ It runs quite well with just me, idles well, only slightly noticable on rare occasions and my bike also seems to creep ahead of other gpx's when racing.

Comment

Perhaps clean carbs first before tackling valves.

Edit: Check the plugs for suspicious wear. Pity they're a cunt of a thing to get to on the GPX
                  http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Working...
                  X