ninja (250) headers on gpx 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninja (250) headers on gpx 250

i want to change my twin exaust to single with race pipe. Can anybody tell me if a ninja headers will fit on my gpx? Im pretty sure they are the same
    sigpic
    “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

nobody
    sigpic
    “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Comment

Whilst I would suggest that you are wasting your time, I would probably bet that the headers will fit.

Option one is to head down to two wheel wreckers and ask Paul or whoever is on what they think, they generally have a very good idea of what is cross compatible between the GPX, ZZR and 250R as you could imagine being a wrecker and all. For example, I'm using a ZZR gear selector on my GPX.

Option two is to google around for some specs, you may find some measurements floating around or someone else may have already asked the question. Give ninja250.org a thorough look through as I know there is a specific section there that goes over the differences between GPX and 250R.

Failing that, offer to shout a 250R owner a carton to borrow their headers to check for fit, I know I'd take you up on the offer. I know that Kramer has his ninja in bits atm, but he's living in Rockingham which is a bit of a trek.

You can also buy full exhaust systems from Ebay and other places that supply a 2into1 header, but they really are a waste of money. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-KAWASAKI-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

One thing is that the headers fit the exhaust port... another thing is that the rest of the pipes fit the bike. Don't forget the GPX has a centerstand and the ninja doesn't. You make up your mind out of the pictures.

Looking at videos in youtube of guys having 2-1 systems, they all have taken off their centerstand... so the systems get in the way, I would Assume the same for the 250r pipes.

Apparently this systems allows you to retain the center stand for 700$.

At the end of the day though, I think it is pretty bloody stupid to spent that much amount of coin to change a GPX 2-2 system to 2 - 1. Just hope you think it through.
        Last edited by BlackFZR; 27-08-2009, 07:30 AM. Reason: removed deleted post quote.

Comment

If you don't wanna see the can there, just hack it of?
          Originally posted by Amac
          suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

250r pipes are smaller than zzr/gpx... Plus they won't just bolt on. Gavin used zzr headers as a starting point for some custom ones on the 250r as they were larger...
            sigpic
            http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Working...
            X