Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gpx250 problem

Hi PSB collective

I have an 06 gpx 250 with just over 20,000 kms on it. When i clutch in and coast i can hear a sort of grinding noise. I can't hear it over the engine when riding and also don't hear it when the bike is on the centre stand in the garage clutch in or out. The chain and sprockets are probably in need of a change so it could be that. Could possibly be the clutch on the way out or an over adjusted clutch lever, i really don't know due to my motorcycle in experience. If anyone has had a similar problem on there gpx or bike all help would be appreciated.

Cheers

When i clutch in and coast
    What does that mean?

If the clutch was on its way out the clutch would be slipping on acceleration, doesn´t make any weird noises really.

Clutches are noise at iddle... maybe you are hearing that?

Comment

[QUOTE=H3nd0;1565921]Hi PSB collective

I have an 06 gpx 250 etc. QUOTE]

This is the Borg Prepare to be asimilated.
      sigpic
      “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.”

Comment

When my chain was fucked it made a grinding noise in the same manner. Best way to tell is to get your bike up on the centre stand, take off the chain guard and sprocket cover thingy, get the rear wheel spinning at a decent speed and watch the chain. You can usually see/hear the part of the chain thats at fault pretty quickly.

You can try cleaning, relubing and trying to free up the part that's binding but best to replace if it's at the 20 000k mark.

Comment

when i clutch in and coast
          Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
          What does that mean?
          coasting as in pulling in the clutch and rolling 'coasting' along under no acceleration

Cheers Polony i will give that a go and then see what happens

Comment

Oic... frozen link? I would deffinitely check the chain then.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
              Oic... frozen link? I would deffinitely check the chain then.
              Yea, that was my issue.

Oh and when you do this, make sure you have one person controlling rear wheel speed and one person watching the chain closely.

The way I did it was to put a small chalk mark on a part of the chain. I marked it at the point where I suspected there was damage but you can mark it anywhere. If the grinding noise occurs each time the chalk mark is at the same point in its revolution then you definetely have chain issues. Obviously you need to adjust the wheel speed to get a reasonable rate of grinding, not too fast and not too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
                This is the Borg Prepare to be asimilated.
                That's a cylon, foo!

Comment

brake pads?
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

OT:

You're not the owner of the GPX that parks at the base of that complex across the carpark from Paddy's are you?
                    Originally posted by Ferris
                    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Working...
                    X