Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent torque wrenches

im after a decent torque wrench.
    whats a good/accurate brand to look out for?
    what shops sells decent good branded torque wrenchs NOR?
    looking at a 1/2" drive, and 0 - 150/200 nm.

The Sidchrome ones are pretty good IMO (not cheap though) and still Australian made Glrnfords tools tend to stock them/have them on the shelf well pretty sure the one in Wangarra did but that might be a bit far NOR.

These guys are pretty good too IMO. https://www.alltools.com.au
    Last edited by Nero Diablo; 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Stick to the major brands and u can't go wrong and a simple dual signal is all u would need if u can afford it get a ratchet type soooooo nice
      Master of the missed signals

Comment

all of mine are kincrome .. they have served me pretty well so far
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Norbar. atom supply can hook you up

from the looks of it, CGL wrenches look like copies of norbar, but are more expensive.

Comment

I use a sidchrome, we have broken a few snap-on troque wrenches here at work in the past
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sav_dan View Post
              I use a sidchrome, we have broken a few snap-on troque wrenches here at work in the past

What size Snap-On torque wrench's were broken??
              What broke?

Were they replaced under Life time Warranty?

Comment

i'm looking for one myself.

had a look at Bunnings and repco last night. $70-75 for a 1/2 inch sidchrome.
                that's about all they had

Comment

my bad. not torque wrenches.

Comment

What sort of $$'s would buy you a good torque wrench?
                    There is one for sale on GUmtree for $200 at the moment.
                    Milk, milk, lemonade, round the corner Adelaide

Comment

My sidchrome 3/8th drive was around $300 think the 1/2inch drive might of been less as its a more popular size or slightly more I remeber there wasn't much in it. The type that comes in its own plastic case rotate the handle to set ratchet head etc etc.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

warren and brown are awesome..........there is another company that make the exact

same wrech but maybe cheaper??

a warren and brown (made in australia) will cost around $250. They are a old design (a sliding wedge) but

well designed.

Comment

got some prices today.. a warren and brown 0 - 24 nm 3/8th drive was $245 - and was a neat little unit
                          and the sidcrome 2 - 25 3/8th drive was $99..
                          so there quite a difference.. i think if you not worried bout accuracy so much sidcrome is the go..
                          just remember you have to use these things in the right way to ensure a good life span outa these things..
                          bolts on my 954 range from 2nm - 140/150nm..
                          im finding it hard to get a decent one that reads within that range (being 0 - 150nm) square drive smaller than 1/2 inch doesnt bother me as its a good excuse to get another socket set..

Comment

Just FYI, Sidchrome "beam deflector"/"dual signal" style torque wrenches are made by W&B, just branded Sidchrome.
                            Originally posted by Amac
                            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Working...
                            X