Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI warning light

Good afternoon everyone,

I have finally pulled the bike out of the garage and started riding again. I got her serviced and put new tyres on as the bike had been sitting in the garage for 6 months! When the service was being done I was informed that the FI light is flashing on the dash (K7 750). This has happened once before on a hot day. The temp would flick between the temp and the FI light. This happened once before and the shop said that the problem is a valve that monitors exhaust gasses (or something) get's a bit stuck when the bike's computer does it's startup check. The fix (from Suzuki) is to disconnect the valve. Problem is that this changes the power delivery so drastically, that it is not possible to bring the front wheel up. So they reconnected the valve. My question is has anyone had a similar problem with this? Appreciate any info and advice!

Cheers guys!
    Last edited by Mish; 03-09-2009, 07:24 AM.

sounds like the Set Valve not resetting itself properly. You can check to be sure by putting your bike in dealer mode. Usually turning the bike off then on again will reset it, if not it may need adjusting. You can check the adjustment with a multimeter... links below...

GSXR 750 K6/K7 Dealer Mode Bypass Guide : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...blement-35481/
    sigpic
    http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

You can't wheelie with the set valve disconnected? that doesnt seem right
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

FYI it's the Fuel Injection light, so it's FI.
        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Dunno if its the same with the Gixxer as the kwakas but

the FI light on the 636 comes on when we change the exhaust we have to disconnect the butterfly valve and we change the servo arm to a fake one basically.

The servo's fail and Kwaka refuse to replace them if you have changed the exhaust so we fit an ivan's servo which tells the system the FI system checked out correctly.

Comment

The guys at the shop were surprised as well, but the power just felt really flat after the valve was disconnected.

Mex, they said that the only other fix other then disconnecting is bringing the bike in a re-adjusting all the cables everytime it happens.

They said the same thing Viper, with an aftermarket can, that valve is diconnected anyway. They don't have a dyno but they have some Yoshi computer system with which they can adjust the standard computer to better use the aftermarket pipe (when I get one).

Ferri, that's what I thought! Thanks!
            Last edited by Mish; 03-09-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

The valve is not disconnected with an aftermarket can.
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Mex, they said that the only other fix other then disconnecting is bringing the bike in a re-adjusting all the cables everytime it happens.
                It shouldn't need readjusting that often unless your valve or cables are screwed. The cables are just adjusted like normal and you just need to supply power to the correct pins with a multimeter hooked up to check the settings. If the place you take your bike thinks this is too hard I would take it somewhere else...
                sigpic
                http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

I think the problem with the SET valve is that it gets clogged up and dirty, which is why it gets outta whack.

Comment

They said it would take 30 mins to adjust the cables.

So semi, the valve is not disconnected when an aftermarket can is put on?

Comment

Nope. They can disconnect it when an a/m slipon is put on, but by no means is it always done. The valve is just after the headers, before the cat, the slipon is past the cat.

However, it will be disconnected if you fit a full system.

Comment

Working...
                      X