Calling all Airbrushers ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Airbrushers ;)

Ok I just ordered my new helmet. Shes a beaut but shes a bit plain so I would like to get her airbrushed.

Heres the helmet I bought:

Heres the image I would like brushed on:

Course there is some editing that I would like to get done put I will discuss this with le artest

So if anyone knows a REALLY good airbrusher or you are a REALLY good airbrusher and you are willing to take on the job them post up please.

I pay cash too

Or do you recommend a cool sticker instead maybe.

Cheers all
    Last edited by Zalishs; 05-09-2009, 02:40 PM.

Think your guna find it will be very hard to get that airbrushed on...
    Just alot of fine detail and such...
    Not saying its impossible, but honestly you'd be better off saving the money and buying a helmet with graphics aready on it... Or if u wana go out and buy stickers then do that...
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Funny you said that cause I was sittting here think that it would proberly cost a fortune. Your right there is a lot detail in it and if an aribrusher charges similar to a tattooist then thats most likely a 12 to 13 hundred dollar tattoo depending on the size.

Might just check out what stickers they got instead. thinking maybe a unit southern cross or something along them lines

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league, mate. Awesome pic tho.
        It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Im sure your could do the background SF!
          The sky, the lightning... Maybe throw in an evil looking butterfly or something!!
          Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

Hay SF you got any samples of your work I don't really want the background just the dragons and the lightning bolts. I would even settle for just the lightning actually.

Comment

I really am not at a level yet that I would be comfortable doing somebodys helmet mate. The helmets I work on are all ex-crashed lids for practice, and I am yet to be happy enough with any of my work to do a commissioned piece. Sorry mate.
              It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Thats cool mate.

Its good to actually meet some who knows their limitations and isn't afraid to say so either

Comment

go see nathan at the auto paint centre in balcatta.

but in saying that i'd recon 2-3k for that

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

The glue from some stickers can be harmful to your helmets paint. I wouldn't put on a sticker. Unless you can get a sticker that will cover all the helmet also it will be too obvious that it is a sticker and wont look good anyway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azvn9wPDu_c]YouTube - Can I put stickers on my helmet?[/ame]

I would get it paint brushed by a professional. It wont be cheap, so you should ask yourself whether you helmets actually worth spending that much money on?

Heres somethings you might want to watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaESlr5Jj5c]YouTube - Helmet Graphic and Decal Installation Instructions[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI0xiz0zwW4&feature=related]YouTube - airbrush helmet japan custompainting[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EzfrsCXKzc&feature=related]YouTube - The dark Knight Joker Airbrush helmet[/ame]

Comment

mmm, i have recently thought of an idea for my helmet...altho dollars will prob stop me doing it.

theme name would be, "the world is mine". i want the entire globe painted on my helmet.

not sure on colours, either green/gold, black/gold, white/gold, black/white.

out of curiosity, is there anywere to get this done, or more like, find "some guy i know" that does it???
                      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by #124 View Post
                        mmm, i have recently thought of an idea for my helmet...altho dollars will prob stop me doing it.

theme name would be, "the world is mine". i want the entire globe painted on my helmet.

out of curiosity, is there anywere to get this done, or more like, find "some guy i know" that does it???
                        See thats what i mean. If you've got a helmet that you know you will keep for life why not. spend money on it making it amazing. But helmets are meant to get replaced every 5 years, one drop and it's time to get a new one. Unless your making money riding bikes some how theres no point.

However, if you really love your bike, chances are you will keep it for much longer than your helmet. I'd rather airbrush my fuel tank in a way that will suit the rest of my bike.

Picture of the world will look good on a fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                          I really am not at a level yet that I would be comfortable doing somebodys helmet mate. The helmets I work on are all ex-crashed lids for practice, and I am yet to be happy enough with any of my work to do a commissioned piece. Sorry mate.
                          hayabusavich (not sure if he's on here) had a mate who, along with his wife, does custom airbrushing. I was going to get in touch with him about one of my lids, but it currently has a cover on it. He has a custom painted Kwakka. Don't suppose you know the bloke I'm talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by #124 View Post

I have a friend who paints helmets as a sideline. Has done a few for V8 Supercar drivers as well. He is very much in-demand so he doesn't advertise anymore. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you his contact details.
                            Last time I spoke to him, prices started at $600 or so but I think may have gone up since.

Comment

Originally posted by The Acumen View Post
                              The glue from some stickers can be harmful to your helmets paint. I wouldn't put on a sticker. Unless you can get a sticker that will cover all the helmet also it will be too obvious that it is a sticker and wont look good anyway.
                              I would get it paint brushed by a professional. It wont be cheap, so you should ask yourself whether you helmets actually worth spending that much money on?
                              Solvents in paint are much more harmful than that of stickers.

I have never seen a helmet damaged by a sticker but I have by paint.

If it is a plastic (polycarbonate etc.) helmet and not a fibreglass or carbon/kevlar composite type no professional helmet painter will touch it anyway. A friend of mine does helmets and won't touch them. He said he has seen one misshapen mess that used to be a helmet after it partly "melted". I can only imagine what would happen to the structural integrity of a plastic helmet, even if it hasn't absorbed enough solvent to lose shape.
                              They can be painted with a waterbased paint though I don't know anyone who uses them.

Comment

Working...
                              X