Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for 09 FZ1

Hey follks

Need some recommendations for replacing the stock exhaust on my new baby.

I want volume so I can increase the chances of being heard by the cagers but I dont want to lose performance.

Any recommendations?
    Attached Files

no message
    Last edited by dennisw; 10-09-2009, 06:41 AM. Reason: overwrite message to reader

Comment

Hi check out gazzafz1,we put a IXEL pipe on his bike recently,like the new colour by the way.

Comment

I put the TWO BROTHERS on mine. A good deep sound.
        Two's company, three's a race!

sigpic

Comment

I've got a Yoshi TRC carbon slip-on on my 08 FZ1. It sounds awesome particularly with some of the other subtle mods I've made. PM me if you want a run-down on the mod list.

Comment

just find the one you like the look of
            IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Originally posted by dennisw View Post
              Hi check out gazzafz1,we put a IXEL pipe on his bike recently,like the new colour by the way.
              made a slight change to the colour scheme - got the front guard painted white (cheers potato) as the red on that was a different colour to the decals and looked kinda crap!

Comment

Originally posted by elliott5 View Post
                I put the TWO BROTHERS on mine. A good deep sound.
                Few guys have run ins with two brothers products (they seem to fall apart quickly) Roo racing is forum sponser and a local so you can get backup service. How much do you wish to spend is the obious question.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

$'s - haven't a clue. Total newb (and female to boot! lol) so have no idea what cost I would be looking at.

Slip on V full exhuast - why would I choose one over the other? From what I understand I would need to get some re-tuning (?) done if I went with full exhuast.

I really just want to have a nice note so is slip on the way to go?

Comment

MIVV Suono

or Leo Vince

Both are excellent choice slipons for the FZ1 and a bit less common than the Yoshi. The workmanship on the MIVV is quite exquisite.

For a full system this one from Graves is brilliant...

Have a look on eBay for pricing.

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

Slip on retains the catalytic converter in the header pipe. Full exhaust eliminates this. Removing the cat (by either getting a full exhaust or other methods) gives you a touch more power in the mid range and more at the top end. Plus it gives this bike a slightly deeper note which is nice.

Getting rid of the stock pipe is a good idea as there's a second cat in the pipe that is very hard to get out.

Also if you replace the pipe, you'll most likely need to install a power commander with appropriate mapping as the bike will tend to run lean without it.

Comment

Can we get more pics of your bike? That paint look amazing!
                        The best thing to do for an exhaust is to enter "exhaust for 2009 FZ1" into google images. That will give you an idea of what kind of look you are after and then you can take it from there.
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                          Few guys have run ins with two brothers products (they seem to fall apart quickly) Roo racing is forum sponser and a local so you can get backup service. How much do you wish to spend is the obious question.
                          It's funny, that!

I've never had a problem with the three pipes I've had on different bikes and I've not actually seen one that has had a failure.

Could it be isolated incidents
                          Two's company, three's a race!

sigpic

Comment

Hi there, a little new to this, I have a new FZ1, I am looking at slip ons but the thing I am unsure is do I need to get a power commander? Hope someone can set me straight

Comment

I fitted an Akrapovic to my 07 and was awesome. Had removable DB killer which I removed when I felt the need for noise and replaced when things were a bit calmer. Sounded sweet, ran great and no power commander..... Then again you can always smooth things out a little with a PC even on a stock bike....

Comment

Working...
                              X