power commander 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power commander 5

finally booked it in for PC5 will post dyno results by end of the week. Any horsepower guesses? Yoshi pipe and air filter on 08 zx10
    Posteda via Mobile Device

done 10.2 without tune.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

what does that mean??

your bike has 10.2 HP? thats less than a 125.
      Wes

Comment

Yeah better explanation would be betterer
        Last edited by jules_1972; 12-09-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

10.2 sec quarter mile?
          sigpic

Comment

yeah on the quarter didnt realise id have to spell it out
            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

It wasn't particularly clear, what you were saying.
              Anyway, what do you mean by "finally booked it in for PC5"? You've booked your bike in to get one fitted, or you've fitted one yourself and you're now getting it dyno tuned?

I thought one of the main benefits of going for a PCV was that you can buy the auto-tune module for about the same price as a session on the dyno, and then tune the bike yourself, in real-world conditions?
              I know that's what I would have done if the PCV was available when I was buying a Power Commander.
              FTP

Comment

Yes they come with a pre map of the shelf. A dyno will be a better tune though.
                Unless you have a dyno at home of course you will have to book in.
                10.2 i thought was all that was needed hammerhead.
                that your best from how many runs may i ask.
                Standed sprockets ?
                Look forward to seeing your pre tune HP and post tune, also the differance in your run times.
                I got a PCV from the superbike toy store. Great price and service, only thing is i am after a powershifter now.
                After an all be it breife look i could not find a quick shifter. HHHmmmmm
                REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                (anarchy in english )

Comment

I'd like to have a guess, but will they have the airconditioning on or off when doing the power run on the Dyno?
                  Jap Bike Show Presents for 2012:
                  Blue Haze Ride II
                  - Sunday 25th November 2012

March 2013 - 6th Jap Bike Show, Celebrating the "2 Stroke Era"

Details at: www.japbikeshow.com.au

Comment

I've been reading up on the PCV and the AutoTune module, looks pretty interesting. Anyone running the autotune? Does it mean you don't have to get it dyno tuned?
                    PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

yeah it is ment to tune itself without a dyno but im getting mine dyno'd may get the auto tune later but im still struggling to believe that it would tune as well as a dyno. Booked in for fitting and tune and yeah standard sprockets just got the pipe. 2 sec 60fter needs work to since i launch shit house
                      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                        Unless you have a dyno at home of course you will have to book in.
                        No, that's the idea of the auto tune. It has a wideband O2 sensor to measure the air-fuel ratio of your exhaust gasses, the same as a dyno, so it will record where the bike is running rich/lean and then allow you to make the changes yourself. Plus, a dyno can never completely replicate conditions on the road, especially at higher speeds when ram air starts to play a part.
                        It's a pretty trick piece of kit, and according to most people that own one, well worth the money.
                        Auto Tune Kit, Autotune, Power Commander AutoTune

There have even been some guys lately that use the auto tune for a while on the section of exhaust before the muffler, and then once they're happy with that, have bungs welded to each header pipe, so they can fine tune each individual cylinder.
                        FTP

Comment

may have to look into one later then they do sound good
                          Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

10.2 was with standard sprockets and got the time on first night i took the bike only had 300kms on it (talked ito it by pottz) next meet had no prep and was spinning at start and mid track but gonna get a shinko for this year i think maybe some straps later who knows

well got the dyno done got 167rwhp pretty happy with that for now air fuel ratio looks perfect on the graph and my god does it pull harder looking forward to getting it down the quarter see how much difference it made will try scan graphs when i get home had big flat spot ironed out but is nice an smooth all the way up now

thanks arron @ rilusi

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPcEEyxqNTc]YouTube - 08 zx10r Dynorun[/ame]
                            Last edited by hammerhead; 06-10-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X