08/09 fuel tank remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08/09 fuel tank remove

can any one help tell me haw to remove the fuel tank as i am fiting a pcv an air filter to my bike i cant sem to find the fuel line?

And your bike is?....

Comment

shit sorry its a cbr1000rr

Comment

do you have to remove the holl tank to fit the pcv wiring?

Comment

Hmm the fuel line is directly beneath the tank, it comes off pretty easily and there is a valve there to prevent fuel overflow. It's a two man job (not necessarily but makes it much easier) try and find someone who can lift and hold the tank for you while you unhook the fuel line.

My memory is a bit hazy, I've only had the tank off once after an off when all the sand needed to be cleared out, a friend with a lot of experience working on bikes was helping me so it was done quite quickly and without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
            Hmm the fuel line is directly beneath the tank, it comes off pretty easily and there is a valve there to prevent fuel overflow. It's a two man job (not necessarily but makes it much easier) try and find someone who can lift and hold the tank for you while you unhook the fuel line.

My memory is a bit hazy, I've only had the tank off once after an off when all the sand needed to be cleared out, a friend with a lot of experience working on bikes was helping me so it was done quite quickly and without any problems.
            ok thanks mate i will give it a go

Comment

Working...
            X