Lowering handlebars on FZ1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering handlebars on FZ1

Just wondering if anyone out there has lowered the bars on a FZ1 - want to lower mine an inch or two. Do I get new bars or replace the risers?

Where do I go for parts?

You can get lower risers from RIZOMA.

But be careful as they may hit the tank, restricting LH/RH lock.
    Two's company, three's a race!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliott5 View Post
      You can get lower risers from RIZOMA.

But be careful as they may hit the tank, restricting LH/RH lock.
      anywhere in WA that I can get/see these?

Comment

No where in WA that I'm aware of. The Rizoma's come in a 42mm and 60mm riser for a 29mm tapered bar (these look awesome ). With the bars fitted correctly, neither of these risers will result in the bars hitting the tank at full lock. However, if you are planning on fitting a Hyperpro Steering Damper in the future, the 42mm will be too short and you will have to shim them up about 5mm.

You can also use risers from a Suzuki SV650 which drop the bars about 15mm from stock. This is generally a cheaper mod as you can retain the stock bars and cabling.

There are also a heap of other combinations of bars and risers you can use including stuff from Pro Taper which I believe are sold in Perth.

Check out Gen 2 Parts & Accessories - FZ1OA Message Board for heaps of threads on lowering the bars with pics.
        Last edited by Cortez; 16-09-2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Cortez View Post

Check out Gen 2 Parts & Accessories - FZ1OA Message Board for heaps of threads on lowering the bars with pics.

I'd agree with this. I use this site a lot as there is a good amount of info with all the pro's and con's addded.
          https://www.facebook.com/mgmotorcycletraining25/

Comment

cheers guys - got meself some reading to do now!

Comment

Working...
            X