Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike issue

Hi guys,

Just this morning, I turned the ignition on the bike ON and put her to Neutral. Then tried to start the bike and it just didn't happen. I first saw the killswitch, that wasn't the issue. Then noticed that, none of the electrics were working. Indicators, brake lights, headlights, not even the light that indicates the bike is in neutral. I thought the battery might be dead and switched the ignition OFF and was thinking about calling the RAC. Before that, I just thought if trying to push start would help. Turned the ignition back ON again and everything was back to normal. All the lights, everything seemed to work and the bike started.

Never has such a thing happened before. Have any of you experienced anything of this sort? Is this something I need to get checked at the mechanics? Is it time for a new battery?

Comment

Key might be worn and did not flick the bit inside that operates the relay.
      Try spare key, lay on top of normal key and see if there is wear.

Comment

Possibly switch contacts....
        Next time it happens flick the switch on and off quickly a few times, see if it helps
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
          I guess that might be it,coz I rode around the house for a while, turned the bike off and turned her back on again and everything worked fine. No unusual sounds or anything of that sort.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
            Possibly switch contacts....
            Next time it happens flick the switch on and off quickly a few times, see if it helps
            Does this happen even if I don't use the kill switch? I never use the kill switch to turn the bike off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
              wtf? How would your key only move part of the barrel?
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

you got any Idea how a lock/key works??

Comment

yes. do you?
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
                    Does this happen even if I don't use the kill switch? I never use the kill switch to turn the bike off.
                    There are switch contacts in both switches...

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                      There are switch contacts in both switches...
                      Way beyond my understanding.

PM sent.

Comment

Revised answer

Yes

Comment

Way beyond my understanding.

PM sent.
                          PM replied to

Comment

Working...
                          X