Product recommendation - Supersprox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product recommendation - Supersprox

This sprocket has done about 20,000+ rather hard kays.
    Just pulled everything off to clean it up and am amazed the condition of it, Aluminium centre with a steel outer. Highly recommended.
    The DiD chain is equally as serviceable, and I'm shit at chain maintenance.
    Just goes to show the value of buying quality components.

Not to be a smartarse, but my $39 Chinese JT Rear Sprocket on th CBR1000f has done the same ks. 270kg bike and heavier rider.

STD Sprock on the CB1300 has done 27,000 and is still good.

Just gotta treat em right. (and not do wheelies)
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Yeah, but that sprocket has seen a lot of wheelies.

Comment

+1 for DID chains.

My current one has about 12,000km on it and has needed adjustment once.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Desmo, the pic below shows a nylon sprocket that I had on my old Z1B. This sprocket was soft on chains, quieter than anything else I have ever used and I just couldn't kill it. It may not have been able to handle the power of a modern bike but this bike was no slouch in its day.

I have to put new sprockets and chain on the 14 soon, so where did you get yours from?

You shake and smack the ketchup bottle, none will come and then a lot'll.

--------------------------------------------

Perth Graphics Centre - Ventureshield authorised installers.

www.pgc.com.au

Comment

Got mine from five star mate.

Comment

Cheers. I'll have a yak to them.
              You shake and smack the ketchup bottle, none will come and then a lot'll.

--------------------------------------------

Perth Graphics Centre - Ventureshield authorised installers.

www.pgc.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                This sprocket has done about 20,000+ rather hard kays.
                Just pulled everything off to clean it up and am amazed the condition of it, Aluminium centre with a steel outer. Highly recommended.
                The DID chain is equally as serviceable, and I'm shit at chain maintenance.
                Just goes to show the value of buying quality components.
                Yeah I put a Supersprox Stealth sprocket and DID chain on my BB last year when I replaced the previous AFAM/RK combo
                The AFAM/RK combo did ~50 000km with minimal maintenance so I am hoping the Stealth/DID will go much farther now that I have the Scottoiler :o

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                Not to be a smart arse, but my $39 Chinese JT Rear Sprocket on th CBR1000F has done the same ks. 270kg bike and heavier rider.
                STD Sprock on the CB1300 has done 27,000 and is still good.
                Just gotta treat em right. (and not do wheelies)
                That just wouldn't be fun though I can sympathise with the heavier rider part at ~135kg

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                Yeah, but that sprocket has seen a lot of wheelies.
                Mine too (Allegedly )
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

A little off topic but just a bit of info that may help someone avoid the issues I had.
                  Years ago I had a 1990 model XR600 and it chewed tyres and sprockets for breakfast lunch and dinner so in an attempt to save a little money I purchased a set of "Chain Gang" hardened steel sprockets and the latest DiD 'O' Ring chain. Well I must say I saved a heap on replacement chains and sprockets as they lasted about 4-5 times longer than any of the others I tried so I was a happy camper. Also their recomendation of running them dry saved a heap on chain lube. Then I started to notice a bit of slap happening at lower speeds or when lugging the big single a bit so I thought it was time to replace the cush drive rubbers. Inspection showed that they were in good condition so the search continued until I found the hardened front sprocket that had lasted so long had worn away at least half of the output shaft spline.
                  Since then I have resigned myself to the fact that these items are consumable and it is often cheaper to consume them than the possible consequences of making them last. Good maintenance will see an acceptable life out of most consumable items.
                  RR VRT #100
                  Sponsors Wanted.
                  Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                  A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Working...
                  X