Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

alright people. time for a guessing game for those bored ones here

My bike is leaking oil and i have no idea where exactly from. Ive noticed a little oil puddle where i park my bike since start of this week. Its leaking from the middle part of the bike, sort of where the center stand is. (the area behind the engine oil)

anyone like to make some smart guesses until i can get my hands on a diagram and try and pinpoint where the oil leak is from?
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

I can only give you the most basic of advice, but it'll help you find the leak:

Fairings off, get under there with some rags and degreaser, and clean the area properly so you'll be able to notice any "new" oil.

Then wait overnight and have another look in the morning.
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Check around the Gear Shift Shaft Seal.

Also Check the Gasket on the cover that is behind the front sprocket.

Finally are you sure you haven't just been over zealous with the chain oiling?
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

It will be the headlight fluid leaking, always is on those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
          Finally are you sure you haven't just been over zealous with the chain oiling?
          +1 on this, i've done it and was stressing bout an oil leak... mine ran down the stand too

Comment

pfft just bat your eyelashes and get one of the lads to look at it for you

Hope you can find it though, tis a pain having oil leaking everywhere

Comment

betting $10 on chain lube...
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I'm around the corner in Kardinya - can swing through for a look if you like?
                Will most likely need to take fairings off for a gander though
                Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                . .

Comment

put one of mum's nice shiny clean white bed sheets underneath your bike so when it drips you'll get an idea of where its coming from

Comment

cheers for offering help shadow78. i'll pm u if i still cant pinpoint the leak tmr or the wkend.

I've just put a plastic jar on the patch of oil on the ground to see if its really oil that's leaking, the colour and the rate of the leak.

and no its not chain lube, havnt done that recently.

Originally posted by Shadow78 View Post
                    I'm around the corner in Kardinya - can swing through for a look if you like?
                    Will most likely need to take fairings off for a gander though

Comment

aww.... no one guessed it. its coming from the rear shock

Comment

It's shocking noone got that!! :p
                        Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                        One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                        . .

Comment

Ahh that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by mbsnow View Post
                            aww.... no one guessed it. its coming from the rear shock
                            puch... 100% sure?

Sounds like a shock rebuild might be on its way.

Comment

PM Marty Moose, he'll sort the shock for ya for very reasonable $$
                              .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Working...
                              X