Paint for small jobs and black bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint for small jobs and black bolts

Ok, my Hyosung looks good in the black and red, but there are a few chrome and plain metal bits that piss me off. Need to get a couple of black bolts and some black paint to cover a few things up.

I don't need a huge amount of paint, just enough to cover the mirror brackets, brake fluid reservoir, bracket on the rear of the seat (hopefully get the brake/clutch levers powdercoated).

Any suggestions on where to get the bolts from? And paint? Should I find someone who can match it exactly, or just get some black touch up paint from a car shop (or even black model paint?)

The offending bolt and bracket. I mean WTF, why? Still, not as bad as the new Harley Nightster, it has the same bolt and bracket at the rear of the seat, and another one halfway down the rear fender.

Also thinking about the bar ends, and the bit between the grip and the electrics block. Would that be too overdone?

If I had any photoshopping skills (or anything to modify pics with), I would change the colours and see.

One more piece I am thinking about is this big shiny arse bit on the front.

Last edited by thegraeman; 17-09-2009, 01:57 PM. Reason: Added some pics.
    Come back Jeremy, it was only a joke.

2 option
    Dodgy but popular US bike forum way- Colour them in with a black permenant marker. I'm serious seen dudes on dirtbike forums go crazy and colour in their whole rims, engine plugs etc. good thing about this method is its cheap easy and will take u like 5min and nothing has to be stripped.

Second option remove all the bolts u want to paint. get a scotchbrite pad outta the kitchen then lightly scuff the surface of all the bolts u want to paint.
    Get a rattle can of primer from bunning and a can of gloss black. Jam the bolts into a piece of cardboard spray couple coats of primer on, then a couple coats of black let it dry and ur done.
    Now the fail part, you go to put the bolts back in using a socket and 1 of 2 things will happen either the bolts will no longer fit in ur socket or ur socket will chip the paint of and the bolt will look even worse.
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Might as well just get a tin of model paint from a toy shop and paint it all in situ. Hell, its only a Hyo, not like its a real bike eh?

Comment

nail polish is great good color range comes with a bush good for small bolts

Comment

Nail polish sounds good - got any spare I can borrow?

Comment

^ no but i took a mudguard to the cosmetic counter at myres had some great fun with the girls their

Comment

Originally posted by rharris View Post
              ^ no but i took a mudguard to the cosmetic counter at myres had some great fun with the girls their
              i have used nail polish, but that is brilliant. top marks to you!
              IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Working...
              X