Steering Damper for 05 GSXR 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Damper for 05 GSXR 600

Has anyone ever taken the OEM damper out of these gixxers and put a new one in?

Can you put and aftermarket one in with the OEM still in (im thinking no but not too sure)?

Thanks for any help.

You could, but you would get the combined damping of both, so the steering would be pretty heavy. If you bought an a/m damper, you'd want to remove the stock one.

Do you actually need more damping, or is it just because you want to buy one (not taking the piss or anything, I've bought plenty of pointless stuff)? If all you want is heavier damping, there's plenty of write-ups on the gixxer forums on how to replace the standard damper oil with a heavier weight oil.
    FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
      You could, but you would get the combined damping of both, so the steering would be pretty heavy. If you bought an a/m damper, you'd want to remove the stock one.

Do you actually need more damping, or is it just because you want to buy one (not taking the piss or anything, I've bought plenty of pointless stuff)? If all you want is heavier damping, there's plenty of write-ups on the gixxer forums on how to replace the standard damper oil with a heavier weight oil.
      Fair enough comment about just buying it for sake of having it.

It is a combination of that and wanting to have a little bit of adjustment, I am no Rossi but I have ridden a couple of R6's with A/M dampers and the difference and adjsutment in handling is pretty good.

As for fucking with the OEM one, might be an idea but id ideally want to be able to return everything on my bike back to stock, and if I wreck it (seal for example) then thats an issue.

something to think about anyway, cheers for the pointers i wasnt sure if you could run both together or not.

Comment

Working...
      X