Power commander for 2004 r1....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power commander for 2004 r1....

Hi there, just a quick question, I'm looking at buying a PC111 but its from the USA, can it be used here in Oz? Its being sold here in Oz, i just know its from the states from the packaging.

Just don't want to waste my hard earned cash

Cheers

Yeah, it'll work fine.
    FTP

Comment

...but if it doesn't there'll be no support from dynojet.

Comment

ok, so you say it will work, thats cool, i mean surely they are all the same yeah, from whatever country you buy it from? I mean all bikes are the same??

Comment

i got mine from the US.. 04r1 as well, no problems
          Originally posted by Bendito
          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

does it come with a map or do should i take it somewhere to get it done properly??? i mean will the map be for justa standard R1....i have yoshi's and a BMC filter???? if so can some recommend who and appox how much will it cost me...cheers guys

Comment

Posted via Mobile Deviceya get a disc with lot's of maps to suit most exhaust's and filter's scan through find ya map and download it to the pc 3

Comment

i'm sorry not to sound stupid but this will be my 1st PC....where do you get the discs from? do you download the disc to your computer then onto your pc?

Comment

The PCIII will come with a CD with the software required to connect your computer to the PC. Alternatively, you can download the exact same software from here: Power Commander III USB Downloads
                  Then go here, figure out which map description is closest to what you are running on your bike, and load that map onto your PC.

There's a bunch of tutorials in that first link, that describe how to do just about everything.
                  FTP

Comment

pc maps

Originally posted by superal View Post
                    i'm sorry not to sound stupid but this will be my 1st PC....where do you get the discs from? do you download the disc to your computer then onto your pc?
                    it may come with a disc but if it doesnt there are heaps of maps on the powercommander website that you can download onto your computer then onto the pc itself. its an easy process.
                    Its better to be a racer for a moment in time than a spectator forever.

Comment

ok, thanks for all the info ive been to the site downloaded the control centre software and go figure the one i want which is the M411-015 which tells me i can have for the R1 04 yoshi pipes, aftermarket filter is not in the actual control center software but says it is in the downloads.....very annoying..

Comment

It's easier to put additional maps on the website than try to re-release the software with new integrations.

If you're going to grab a map off the website, make sure you don't grab the California models of R1 as they have strict regulations on emissions and the maps won't be what you're after ie: the bike won't have as much poke and will have a mega flat spot.

My '03 has a European model map with Akro pipes and K&N filter.

PS: With the PCIII plugged in and the bike running, you can customise your bike on-the-fly anyway if there are any tweaks you want to make. If you're still not happy with any of the maps, you can always get it professionally tuned to suit your riding style and your bike modifications.

Comment

On that note does the PC software work on mac?

Comment

ok cool, i might try the euro map then for the yoshi pipes and filter and if that don't work i'll get it tuned cause i'm really not up on all that tuning stuff.....I'm asuming i can download the map through USB then put it on the bike as my computer won't reach the bike........you would think surely it would work on the Mac pc, i mean do they give you an option? This is my 1st PC111 so i don't really know.......

Comment

it should come with a 9v battery cable (battery not supplied) so you can power it up and load a map before you fit it. i'm not an apple person but there should be a way of running windows apps on a mac, although it might be easier to borrow someones pc for the 5 mins it takes.
                              Last edited by panic; 20-09-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X