Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My K9 Gixxer thou - now with 'zorst, PC V and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My K9 Gixxer thou - now with 'zorst, PC V and tune.

As is usually the case, you buy a new bike that pretty much ticks all the boxes and you kid yourself (and try to kid ya mates too), that she's all good, not gonna change anything, ride it till she dies etc etc. I had been teasing myself over the last few months with ideas about Yoshis (like Short Steves'), even a Leo Vince twin system a'la Cam Donald. But I saw the tasty Two Bros pipes at the Bike Show....and then an evil plan was hatched by my untrustworthy subconscious.....

Less than a week later....

Well, tis all done. OE exhaust removed, new exhaust fitted, PC V fitted, dyno tuned, oil changed post dyno tune, taken for a blatt.
    She is now even more responsive than before, and sounds pretty good too. I can feel where the weight has gone, the factory cat is quite heavy, the factory titanium cans are actually quite light. All up the factory exhaust would be 15-20 kgs, the replacement one is less than 10kgs. The rear suspension feels a bit harsher now, will have to soften the rear damping and rebound a click or two.
    It used to be a bit 'snatchy' a light throttle loads, I put it down to a tight engine, but now that has gone and she just wants to go. Am getting the dyno charts emailed to me, power was up 8 bhp at 9000rpm without PC V and 11bhp with. They did not rev the bejesus out of it to find max power, just did what was required for tuning (5 runs), so based on previous runs with the bike stock, peak rwhp should now be around the 175bhp mark. Torque is up 3-5 ft/lbs right across the rev range. It certainly feels it!

Thanks to the team at Dirt Werx in O'Conner for their outstanding service. If you are after a Two Bros system, I am happy to recommend them.
    Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Fuck they are a nice machine. Any plans on the autotune for the PCV.
    I am thinking of going down that road on the R1.
    Yes yes i am on an R1, still love those GIXERS.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

so is there a noticable difference after dyno then before with all the parts installed

Comment

I give that pipe 6 months before it's falling apart.

Comment

That's awesome. Looks very nice. That power figure is huge, too. I can't believe they get so much out of litre bikes these days.

It just makes the decision on what to get now so much harder, because the new K9s are mint.
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
            I give that pipe 6 months before it's falling apart.
            Why?

Comment

It's easier if you ignore his nasty little comments in a thread where someone is trying to let people know they are happy.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

fark that looks hard man!! nice ride

Comment

Originally posted by rockard View Post
                  fark that looks hard man!! nice ride
                  rockhard?

Comment

Dyno chart???

Comment

Dyno chart should be getting emailed to me tomorrow.
                      Yes the power difference is quite noticeable, to me anyway.
                      An auto tune module and dash module are optional extras. I am considering them atm.
                      Will it fall apart in six months? Well, I'll let you know in 6 months. I should have another 10000kms on it by then.
                      The removal of the cat converter has slightly changed the balance of the bike. Will be making a few changes to the set up of the rear shock to compensate for it.
                      Am very happy with it. On full noise, it is actually painfully noisy. Love it!
                      Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

OK, am I reading right?

The MAp on the PC V is or was supplied with the unit?

The bike hasnt been Dynoed?

As already mentioned, the stock ADR tune often leaves a pretty crap midrange
                        delivery. For sure it will feel smoother....

175RWHP will be interesting....

Comment

Looks great. They really are the best looking of the current crop of thous, although considering the styling on the Yamaha and Honda, thats not really a huge accomplishment. I think stainless pipes really suit the blue paint scheme, can't wait to see it in the flesh.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Bike looks gorgeous Rock! :awesome:

And agreed with Roger_Explosion, with a change of pipes (not too partial to the factory ones) that model certainly is the best of the '09 jap thou's.

Cannot wait til my pipes get done, just need to get me a job and it'll be done within weeks!

Comment

I used to have a two bro pipe on my race bike. It didn't fall apart I'll tell you that. But it was very loud, hung too low and scraped in the basin and I'm very suprised you got good service from Dirt Werx... Very suprised!

But good to see the mods coming Rock. Always good to hear what difference mods have actually made.
                              Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X