Touch up paint?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch up paint?????

ok, so i went into causeway Yamaha today looking for some touch up paint for my 2004 Lava red R1 and they said yamaha don't do touch up paints....and the oly way i'll get some is to get it made up...

How stupid is that, other bike companies do touch up paint but Yamaha, go figure.....most annoying yamaha

So how do i get rid of my chips now without going to a spray shop??

Hey mate this might not be what you want to hear but touch up paint is shit IMO you an get away with it on a car because of it's surface area is huge and can be hidden but as a bike is small it's gonna stick out bad, because the paint will be like a bubble I suggest if it's that bad just get the part repainted because the end job will look much nicer,

there is a t cut polish which comes with a stick that you apply and polish over that hides nicks and scratches pretty well
    Master of the missed signals

Comment

Try Automotive Paint Tools and Equipment in Gibbs Street Cannington. They will match the paint for you. When I last went looking, none of the brands had touch up paint available, not just Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Veefore View Post
        Try Automotive Paint Tools and Equipment in Gibbs Street Cannington. They will match the paint for you. When I last went looking, none of the brands had touch up paint available, not just Yamaha.
        Shameless plug for where we went today.

And may I say Veefore...one pipe already done!

Comment

IIRC, most of the Jap 4 don't supply touch up paint, it's more profitable for them to sell you a new fairing panel.
          Can get it for the Duc though

Comment

Paint code is 5253 , Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

If your not inclined to spend a lot sometimes you can get lucky with the touch up paint in a spraypack at supercheap.

I found the honda paint code for their wheel rim touch up paint pen, but the honda shop said they didn't have it on their system, so I went to supercheap and got spray paint that matches my rims.
              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

cool, thanks guys, its like one little chip on my tank....i'm going to try colorRite as i need for my wheels too, had a new rear tyre and they killed my rim....

Comment

Most panel and paint suppliers can make a small aerosol can of paint for you but be aware that some paints can't be touched up easily... mask off the area that you want touched up and spray a small amount of prime filler sand back till smooth and even then use you touch up and then clear it then buff it up - do you have a compound buffer? use this or just do it by hand (much harder to do and will take time)

Comment

Working...
                  X