Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small exhaust leak, risk to ride?

Hey all

I have a slight exhaust leak on my end can (a fault in the carbon fibre cut, resulting in a slight gap where air escapes) which i am awaiting a replacement piece. Only problem being that part is a week away so i am curious if i can still ride the bike or if it may cause some kind of damage?

Thankyou

edit: On a side note, there is some exhaust cement residue on a few areas of my pipes, is there an easy or special technique used to remove this?

Where's the leak? Between the sleeve and the end cap?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I would give you my opinion and some technical advice on how to fix this, but the last time I did you didn't like it and acted like a complete arsehat.
      Sorry, you're on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
        Where's the leak? Between the sleeve and the end cap?
        Yes that is correct.

Thats fine desmo, but i would appreciate your imput/help. I have moved on and can look past opinion indifferences, forgive and forget. If its not within you thats fine too.

Comment

What's an opinion indifference? Is that where you don't give a fuck what other people think?

Use RTV silicone / gasket maker for the leak
          Originally posted by Melkor
          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

You'll be fine, use a hard bit of plastic to scrape off the hardened exhaust paste and don't use it in the future, it's not required on bike exhausts.

Comment

Thankyou for the assistance, but where the actual leak is it cant be patched up, its an actual fault of the carbon fibre sleeving and is being replaced.

So that begs the question if i can still ride it with the small leak?

(also regarding previous "issues" it was quite a while ago and since then i have sat and observed many new members go through the same phase, and i think its just that, a noob phase where we are all just trying to find out feet)

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the leak at all mate, it won't affect the engine in a detrimental way.

Comment

Desmo's being helpful and honest here :-)

It's won't be detrimental to bike or performance
                  Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                  One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                  . .

Comment

Ok thanks very much for the help! Much appreciated.

Comment

Did it blow up ?? That Desmo always leading people up the garden path

MM

Comment

Working...
                      X